Provide administrative support to Chapter Executive Director, staff and volunteers by assisting in ongoing office, fundraising and other Chapter priority activities. |
- Provide administrative support for fundraising activities, which includes tracking all donations, maintain the current database of prospects and preparing information needed for meetings, where applicable.
- Maintain the chapter computers, database and files.
- Oversee input of data concerning fundraising events, membership, leadership, volunteers and donors.
- Retrieve information from database for reports as required.
- Receive appropriate training and update skills in computer technology.
- Oversee the preparation of all financial reporting and record keeping, ensuring that the chapter is complying with JDRF Accounting Policies.
- Provide information to the chapter Treasurer and chapter Executive Director for the preparation of reports to the Board and the national office including monthly profit/loss statements and the quarterly major gift report.
- Work closely with the chapter treasurer and chapter executive director to ensure a system of checks and balances.
- Coordinate chapter activity calendar and ensure proper office coverage and support for all necessary tasks.
- Recruit and supervise volunteers to ensure that the chapter has the needed assistance for fundraising and non fundraising activities as assigned.
- Ensure confidentiality and security of all information.
- Perform all responsibilities that require knowledge of chapter activities and understanding of the Foundations operations and procedures.
- Regulate office services, such as shipping, postal and postage meter, copier, fax, DSL, telephone, long distance and cleaning.
- Assist in maintaining routine correspondence, schedules and agendas, as well as scheduling meetings.
- Prepare records and reports.
- Organize all mailings.
- Assist in preparation of board meetings, board manuals, and all board correspondence.
- Screen, direct, take messages, and respond to calls, mail and e-mail when appropriate.
- Utilize web-based tools for recording Chapter cash receipts/deposits and for accessing Chapter Financial Reports.
- Prepare Chapter documents (invoices, expense reports, etc.) for routine submission to the National Office for processing.
- Maintain a Chapter Calendar of Events.
- Acquire an understanding of JDRFs Time Action Calendar and keep necessary deadlines.
High School graduate or GED or equivalent. Some college preferred. Two + (2+) years of office experience required. Knowledge of administration procedures, such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms and other office procedures and terminology. Knowledge of coordination of people and resources, planning and resource allocation. Computer proficient in Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access). Experience using databases. Ability to learn new computer software programs. Development and preparation or presentations. Excellent written, oral and communication skills.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.