This position is full time & seasonal, running January-May. Working hours will be 40+ per week when in Fairbanks, and 70+ per week when on the slope.
This position primarily provides administrative support to the project HSET team. The Administrative Assistant will periodically work with highly sensitive, private and confidential personal information and records. Accordingly, this position must at all times uphold and preserve this confidentiality and secure and safeguard all records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand, practice and continually lead by example Doyon Associated’s commitment to zero incident safety and environmental culture.
- Support HSET team by coordinating Training arrangements.
- Under the direction of the HSET / Training Manager
- Write and edit correspondence and other documents for Training HSET team.
- Provide all other clerical assistance to Training HSET team.
- Undertake special projects as requested by Training HSET team members.
- Upload and input training files into DAL’s electronic tracking system..
- Order training supplies under the direction and supervision of the Training Manager.
- Ensure all required training supplies are readily available.
- General filing.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
- Full and complete knowledge and understanding that highly sensitive, private and confidential data requires handling with the utmost discretion.
- Professional and open communication is required with all members of the project management team.
- Ability to work in a team environment, take directions from supervisor(s), high degree of attention to details, follow work rules, and adhere to established work schedules.
- Ability to successfully and accurately perform duties and responsibilities with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work, including tracking and managing numerous and varied tasks.
- Ability to proactively work in a high paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to set and achieve goals, meet deadlines, and analyze and improve work processes.
- Ability to recognize and accurately communicate important issues and questions to appropriate project personnel.
- Although this is a field position, work in town is at times required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To successfully perform this job, this position must perform all duties and responsibilities accurately and satisfactorily while complying with specific deadlines. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to satisfactorily perform this job.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1 year project experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret project reports, procurement documents and information, and other project data.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Good listening skills and effective verbal and written communication proficiency.
- Intermediate to strong skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Windows XP.
- Ability to learn, understand and effectively use client and DAL’s corporate management information systems.
- Ability to learn, understand and effectively use accounting software used by the corporate accounting department.
- Ability to apply intermediate mathematical skills including algebraic equations and fractions.
- Ability to understand and interpret graphs, charts and tables.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to analyze work processes and suggest more efficient methodologies.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described in this job description are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Preference will be given to Doyon shareholders and Alaska natives in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003-2(i).
It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Doyon Government Group - 2 years ago