1. Provide primary help desk related duties to students, faculty and staff; provides support for IT department’s help desk management software.
2. Assist Vice President for IT with necessary report and document generation/management.
3. Submit online IT work requests based on incoming support calls/emails from faculty staff and students.
4. Update online IT work requests when status of work request changes.
5. Enter/scan IT equipment inventory data into IT database.
6. Provide assistance and information to faculty, staff and students regarding their EGSC user accounts.
7. Provide assistance to faculty and staff with software questions related to Microsoft operating system and Microsoft Office Suite.
8. Provide assistance to faculty and staff when reserving and returning IT equipment (portable LCD projectors, laptops, etc.)
9. Participate in presenting IT related information during new student orientation sessions.
10. Responsible for incoming and outgoing deliveries of external and internal mail for IT department and routing mail to appropriate department personnel.
11. Responsible for receiving IT equipment, processing accompanying package slip and ensuring the appropriate party receives package.
12. Assist students with establishing wireless connectivity.
13. Assists IT staff with diagnosing and resolving hardware, software and network related issues.
14. As necessary, provide assistance to IT department staff with IT support related issues/activities.
Knowledge Required by the Position
1. Knowledge of computers and various software applications (i.e. Microsoft Office, Windows operating systems, etc.)
2. Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
3. Skill in the provision of customer services.
4. Skill in oral and written communication.
5. Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
The VP for Information Technology assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include the employee handbook. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
Complexity/Scope of Work
1.The work consists of related administrative and IT support duties. Frequent interruptions and deadlines contribute to the complexity of the position.
2. The purpose of this position is to provide administrative and IT support for the Information Technology department. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of department operations.
1. Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, students, vendors, and members of the general public.
2. Contacts are typically to provide services, to give or exchange information, or to resolve problems.
1. The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or while intermittently sitting, standing or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
2. The work is typically performed in an office.
Supervisory and Management Responsibility
1. Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
2. Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
3.One to two years work experience that includes direct customer service contact/support.
1. One to two years work experience that includes the utilization of / support of Microsoft Office applications and Microsoft operating systems.
2. An Associates or Technical College degree in an IT related program / field of study.
Posting Detail Information
Individuals who need reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources at 478-289-2035. Deaf and Hard of Hearing callers may access our campus phone numbers by utilizing your state relay service (such as the Georgia Relay Service) or by utilizing Video Remote Services. East Georgia State College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Tobacco-free Institution, Federal law requires ID and employment eligibility verification prior to employment. Georgia is an Open Records state. East Georgia State College ( EGSC ) is an associate degree granting, residential, liberal arts state college of the University System of Georgia, providing its students access to both academically transferable programs of study, collaborative programs in occupation-related fields, and targeted baccalaureate level degrees. www.ega.edu
Complete College Georgia
East Georgia State College strives to create and maintain a learning environment maximizing the opportunity for each student to succeed. Each individual student’s academic success is important. Accordingly, every employee of the college has a responsibility to carry out his/her position duties in a manner which enhances the learning environment and communicates that message to students each working day.
This position description describes the specific duties and responsibilities of this position. In addition, each EGSC staff member has the responsibility to contribute as needed to other projects and initiatives to assure that EGSC carries out its mission and attains its vision. This may, from time to time, require active participation on committees or performance of other duties not specifically described in this position description.
Open Until Filled
An offer of employment is contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with East Georgia State College, as determined by East Georgia State College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials, and if applicable, a satisfactory credit check and a Motor Vehicle Record ( MVR ).
All applicants selected for an interview will be required to complete a short (15 to 30 minutes) job-related employment test during the interview.
Cover Letter/Letter of Interest
Please see the below "Institution Employment Link" to view a complete job description, create an application, and apply for the position.
Institution Employment Link:
CIP Discipline Code:
Administrative Assistant, Secretarial, Office Manager (Admin code)
Required Qualifications Experience:
The University System of Georgia - 11 months ago