JOB TITLE(S) AND CLIENT ASSOCIATION: Administrative Assistant, World Allergy Organization (WAO)
POSITION(S) REPORTS TO: Executive Director, WAO
POSITION(S) THAT REPORT TO YOU: N/A
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Non-Exempt
GENERAL SUMMARY: Provides general administrative assistance to WAO
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: (37.5 hours/week)
1. General Administrative Support, including but not limited to: copying, faxing, database management (including iMIS updates and creating / maintaining new database systems), maintaining computer and paper files, coordinating mailings, drafting letters, minutes and correspondence, and upkeep of the meetings calendar.
2. Assist with WAO membership: send dues notices, receive and record activity reports; keep in communication with key leadership in member societies.
3. Answer informational calls regarding the WAO related programs and activities; check the
firstname.lastname@example.org account, and check the night phone line.
4. Order office supplies and gifts.
5. Arrange WAO shipments for WAO Meetings, Board Meetings and Exhibits.
6. Assist with communications for WAO Board members and members of Councils and Committees.
7. Assisting with meetings’ (Congress, etc) preparations, including registration
8. Assist Executive Director with providing administrative support to WAO Officers, Board of Directors and committees, including producing the Board Book, booking travel for board members and handling expense vouchers.
9. Financial Administration Assistance: Handle EDI and WAO administrative procedures, such as cash sheets, check requests, booking staff travel, drafting and distributing staff memos, up-keeping financial records, submitting invoices to be paid, etc.
10. Oversee department inventory including supplies, letterhead, reference materials.
11. Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED:
1-2 weeks per year; some early morning and weekend work may be required.
Bachelors degree preferred. Proficiency in Windows, MS Word, Excel. Writing and organizational skills essential.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (example - lifting, packaging, etc.)
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.