Administration and Support
United States-North Carolina-Raleigh
has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's leading engineering, design, and project management consultancies with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Raleigh, NC staff as an Administrative Assistant. In this role, you will provide administrative support to senior-level managers and a team of technical professionals. Our ideal candidate will use their expert level knowledge of MS Excel, as well as highly developed math and financial skills to compile, analyze and present operational data, preliminary budget development, and track projects and budgets.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Acts as liaison between manager and staff, as well as clients and prospective clients, responding to inquiries and requests for information/approval and/or directing to appropriate staff, as required.
- Responsible for the compilation of data and the preparation of monthly reports and preliminary budgets. Confers with managers' direct reports to ensure budget items are reasonable before presentation to the manager.
- Monitors project progress/charges, adjusting budgets and monitoring revenue generation, project performance, and budget conformance throughout the year. Advises unit managers on items needing attention, e.g., when marketing expenditures are close to exceeding budgeted amount.
- Coordinates operations within organization unit to ensure consistency with policies and procedures.
- Assists manager with the initiation and/or processing of personnel actions.
- Analyzes project control reports and profit planning monitors to ensure expenses have been accurately charted to proper account and proper organization. Advises managers when corrections are needed.
- Develops charts and graphs based on financial reports, and updates them as needed for meetings, monthly reports, or presentations.
- Assists in the development of presentations to clients and prospective clients.
- Prepares organization charts for various operating units.
- May coordinate and attend meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
- May perform such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Requires excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, tact, sense of urgency, and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of business administration practices and principles, including finance and accounting. Computer skills required, particularly in Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Word.
- Knowledge of the consulting engineering industry helpful. Ability to deal effectively and harmoniously with people at all levels of the organization and to represent the firm.
offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Faithful+Gould - 16 months ago