Flagstar Bank is currently seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as an administrative assistant. This position provides administrative and secretarial support such as typing, filing and scheduling appointments. This individual also performs duties such as financial record keeping, payroll, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, and working on special projects. The administrative assistant answers non-routine correspondence, assembles highly confidential and sensitive information and deals with a diverse group of important external callers, visitors and internal contacts at all levels of the organization.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff.
- Acts as project coordinator for special projects at the request of the manager, which may include planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating mailings and creating written material.
- Answers multiple phone lines for the manager and department.
- Assists in various clerical, word processing, and spreadsheet duties.
- Coordinates division of workload with the administrative assistant in other areas.
- Copies, files and performs other assorted tasks assigned by management.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the manager, the department and library of trade journals and magazines.
- Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Maintains listings and records for the department.
- Maintains, orders and tracks departmental supplies.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
- Performs desktop publishing duties such as creating and developing visual presentations for manager.
- Performs secretarial and record keeping duties with various degrees of complexity.
- Proofreads material for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes.
- Recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
- Represents the office of a manager/officer.
- Responds to regularly occurring requests for information and drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary.
- Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the department.
- Sorts, distributes and opens mail for the department.
- Supports maintenance of the department finances including documenting corporate credit card expenses to corporate finance, copying check requests and sending to accounts payable travel reimbursement.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc.
- Uses various computer programs for letters or research, maintaining schedules,
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
Flagstar Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of 1 - 3 years of previous job related experience.
- Ability to use and operate standard office equipment.
- Strong knowledge of secretarial and office administrative procedures.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software required.
- Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy and professionalism required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Analytical skills are required to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems and prioritize work.
- Work requires an extensive knowledge of business and an excellent command of the English language.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Basic computer skills include MS Word, MS Excel, Windows, email and the internet.
- Ability to work regularly scheduled hours, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday. Some overtime may be required based upon business needs.
Flagstar Bank - 10 months ago