GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will assist the functioning of labs at the GE Global Research by performing various administrative functions coordinating procurement of supplies and handling of processes associated with hiring and on-boarding of employees.
You will provide administrative support to the Lab Managers (LMs) and their respective staffs in the various labs. You will also routinely coordinate multiple priorities, handle tight deadlines, and address last minute requests and revisions.
As an Associate Professional Band Administrative Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- General office administration including ordering office supplies, assist with preparation of PARS and ordering P&E, supporting office equipment maintenance, preparation and distribution of monthly updates, presentations, maintain office charge numbers and phone lists, process facilities work requests
- Finance, budgeting, and quality-related administrative tasks for the organization and project tasks (enable reporting, sharing information, etc)
- Assist in preparation of presentation materials for the Lab Managers (including merging information from electronic documents), contracts, and proposals.
- Make arrangements for meetings and office events for the LMs and staff - meeting rooms, tele- and video-conferences, coordinate with other administrative assistants (staff meetings, offsites, socials)
- HR and personnel administration including interview arrangements; assimilation of new employees; exit process; tracking personnel data and e- tools, etc
- Maintain group personnel reports such as T&L expense and Compliance training status
- Arrange Global team t-cons, visits, coordination with Global Research (GR) support services
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years functioning as an Administrative Assistant
- Proficient at Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel including data entry, creating and modifying graphs, implementing formulas, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to use, or learn new software applications (e.g., business objects to access GR financial data, web-enabling and authoring tools.)
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and requests promptly and effectively
- Ability to accurately process technical and administrative information and provide close attention to detail
- Proficient at using office electronic equipment & software including scanners, digital images, conference room touch screen controls.
- Superb interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna NY
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment through GECareers.com to be considered
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Imagine working alongside innovation giants in the world’s most diverse industrial research lab – you can make it happen by clicking on the “Apply to job” button below.
- Associates degree in Business or a Business related field.
- Thorough knowledge of - or proven ability to quickly assimilate - GE and GR policies especially as related to hiring, on boarding, exiting and other HR related topics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid team skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project
- Experience in financial tracking and reporting
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 14 months ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...