GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Function as an Administrative Assistant for the Thin Films Lab, Thin Films Operations Lab, and Microsystems/Microfluidics Lab.
Contribute to the smooth operation of office administrative tasks, provide professional and courteous phone and visitor coverage, and support Managers’ and Lab teams’ routine administrative tasks.
- Support Thin Film Lab Manager, Thin Films Operations Lab Manager, and Microsystems/Microfluidics Lab Manager, and lab members in all related administrative tasks
- Produce correspondence, presentations, meeting agendas, emails and any external mailings
- Handle highly confidential and sensitive information
- Provide calendar, meeting, and conference/symposium management
- Coordinate travel arrangements and visas
- Manage MNST interview process
- Process monthly corporate card and cash expenses
- Support with general office administration, the Technology Leader Administrative Assistant
- Support teams by training or supporting others on technology, tools, or systems used in their everyday working practices.
- Support key projects/initiatives roll outs within assigned function
- Associates degree with 3 years of administrative experience working in a corporate environment or High school diploma, GED or local equivalent and 5 years or more of administrative experience working in a corporate environment.
- Strong demonstrated writing skills, articulating complex ideas in an easy to understand manner.
- Demonstrated project management skills to plan and deliver on established tactical and strategic goals.
- Experience at an advanced level using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint applications as well as use of the internet and web applications (i.e. ability to draft correspondence and create PowerPoint presentations for leadership team); basic level of Excel application to create charts, diagrams and tables of data.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of experience working in administration, office management, or related field in a corporate or professional business environment.
- Excellent administrative and interpersonal skills, with ability and confidence to effectively interface with senior management and high profile clients.
- Familiarity and working knowledge of relational databases and knowledge of the GE Internet, Support Central and other relevant applications desirable.
- Extremely well organized, with attention to detail, yet able to multi-task in an environment of changing priorities.
- Intellectually sharp, able to grasp concepts and think/learn quickly.
- Professional approach, good judgment, creative problem-solver. Possessing the personal drive and commitment to implement innovative solutions.
- Ability to accepting constructive criticism and deal calmly and effectively with high-stress situations. This includes continuing to persevere and remaining calm in challenging or frustrating circumstances.
- Strong working knowledge of local language (written and verbal).
- A self-starter able to work on own initiative and well in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and work planning skills
- Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn new computer skills e.g. creation and maintenance of Colab web sites.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 2 years ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...