Gowanda Rehab & Nursing Center is seeking a full Time Administrative Assistant. Administrative Assistant to the facility Administrator, as well as oversees the front desk receptionists.
To provide administration support to one or more members of management or to a division, unit, or department.
1. Answers incoming calls and greets visitors in a professional and helpful manner. Assists caller and/or directs calls as needed.
2. Composes correspondence to respond to inquiries and communicates departmental information.
3. Prepares complex ad hoc reports, compiling data, analyzing and formatting it to provide accurate and helpful information as needed.
4. Coordinates meetings and communicating to all appropriate parties. Initiates follow up calls as reminders and gathers information necessary for meetings to assure a professional, well organized event. Takes notes/minutes as requested.
5. Maintains, updates, and forwards (if applicable), in a timely manner, various appointment, correspondence, business logs, time records, and files ensuring information is accurate and current.
6. Retrieves, opens, sorts and distributes incoming mail. Reviews minutes and reports as may be appropriate, making note of deadlines and any follow up that may be required. Responds to informational inquiries as needed.
7. May be responsible for special projects/tasks specific to departmental needs.
8. Provides coverage for the reception area/switchboard as needed.
9. Performs other related projects and duties as assigned.
1. Associates or Bachelors degree preferred or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
2. At least 3 years experience in a combination of secretarial or administrative support required, preferably supporting senior management staff.
3. Demonstrated proficiency using personal computers, MS Office software including Word, Excel, and Access required.
4. Proven track record of excellent telephone manner along with effective oral and written communication skills and a strong customer service orientation.
5. Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills.