American Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE/NASDAQ: AFG) is a holding company based in Cincinnati, Ohio and has been in business for more than four decades. Our insurance roots go back to the 1800’s with the founding of Great American Insurance Company in 1872. Today, through the operations of Great American Insurance Group, AFG is engaged in property and casualty insurance (“P&C”), focusing on specialized commercial products for businesses, and in the sale of traditional fixed, indexed and variable annuities and a variety of supplemental insurance products. AFG’s purpose is to enable individuals and businesses to manage financial risk using insurance products and services tailored to meet their specific and ever-changing risk exposures. AFG’s strategy is to allocate capital to insurance operations which management believes offer a competitive advantage or unique opportunities.
American Money Management Corporation is a subsidiary that provides investment services for AFG and its affiliated companies. AMMC is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant in our downtown Cincinnati office.
The job level for this position will depend on the candidate’s experience and skill set.
- Provides administrative support to the senior management team
- Assists management with the creation of reports, spreadsheets and other financial documents related to investments and securities.
- Handles incoming calls and responds to inquiries as appropriate
- Maintains Outlook calendars and schedules meetings
- Coordinates appointments, meetings and conference calls
- Coordinates travel arrangements as needed
- Will provide back up support for other members of the senior management or administrative staff
- May assist in planning and executing logistics for departmental meetings and events
- Maintains and orders office supplies/services
- May maintain files (paper and electronic), including highly confidential information as well as legal documentation
- Verifies and prepares invoices and expense reports
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree is preferred
- 3-5 years of administrative experience in a corporate environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task when needed
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels
- Must be able to work with internal and external customers and have the ability to show initiative with strong decision making skills
- Prior experience working with financial statements is preferred
- Basic accounting knowledge is strongly preferred