HR Green, Inc. (HR Green) is a professional services firm providing workable and sustainable solutions in the Transportation, Water, Energy, Governmental Services and Senior Living markets. With 100+ years of history and a strong focus on future growth, HR Green is looking for exceptional individuals ready to begin the next stage of their professional journey. We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to work in our Des Moines, Iowa office .
The Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for providing support to assigned Project Managers and has a strong focus on project budget and billing, project data management and contract/content authoring. The Administrative Assistant is involved with all stages of the project life-cycle and routinely partners with business development, marketing, accounting, and technical staff to complete non-technical administrative tasks associated with project management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Assists Project Manager (PM) in the development of professional service agreements and scopes of service.
· Maintains library of Scope of Service go-by’s.
· Assists PM in the development of professional services fees.
· Prepares sub-consultant and client/contractor agreements; monitors sub-consultant expenses.
· Maintains project files and folders following HR Green standards.
· Insures accuracy of project records and filing of project deliverables.
· Develops and produces specification documents.
· Assists with monthly project billings.
· Monitors project variances, work in progress and accounts receivable, and coordinates corrective actions with PM and accounting department.
· Plays a key role in the ongoing maintenance of project related data in the firm’s enterprise software, Deltek Vision.
· Records PM & Client Service Manager (CSM) activities as directed.
· Updates and maintains project information including project team, project description, and project metrics. Coordinates with PM and marketing department to create project profiles and HR Green resumes.
· Coordinates with PM to input and update project work plans.
· Coordinate with PMs & CSMs to maintain contact data base.
· Coordinates with PMs, CSMs & marketing department to assist with the maintenance and development of marketing campaigns.
· Prepares and maintains project schedules as directed by PM.
· Assists PM with project close-out according to HR Green Standards.
Education and/or Experience
· An Associate’s degree and one to three years of project coordination related experience is required, preferably in an engineering, architecture, environmental services, or other professional services industry. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
· Experience that includes project budget management is strongly desired.
· Experience working with project financial indicators is desired.
· Experience writing contracts, proposals, and scope of services is a plus.
· Must have demonstrated strong written and oral communications skills with a predisposition to proactive communications.
· Must be detail-oriented and set high standards for quality.
· Must have ability to work within a team, build relationships and work effectively at all levels of an organization including business development and technical staff.
· Must have demonstrated ability to work effectively on a variety of projects concurrently, in a demanding environment, under tight deadlines.
· Must possess strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and database software (experience with Deltek Vision a plus).
Relationship to Others
Reports to Administrative Manager and receives day-to-day day guidance from assigned Project Managers toward the fulfillment of their roles.
Ability to read and interpret documents, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with employees, managers, and clients.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables with limited daily interaction from manager. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
There are no special certifications or licensing requirements for this position.
Work is primarily performed in the office with occasional trips to a client’s site, post office, bank, or other locations as needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for prolonged period of time, stand, walk, talk, hear, and reach with hands or arms. Hand eye coordination is necessary to operate computers and other office equipment. The employee is also required to kneel, crouch, and bend.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.