HR Green California, Inc . is a professional services firm providing workable and sustainable solutions in the Transportation, Water, Energy, Governmental Services, Land Development, and Senior Living markets. With 100 years of history and a strong focus on future growth, HR Green is looking for exceptional individuals ready to begin the next stage of their professional journey. We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant II in our Newport Beach, CA office.
The Administrative Assistant II is responsible for performing administrative support for assigned department personnel and typically supports additional work involving management of a senior level, and/or working with company sensitive, confidential and/or proprietary information with discretion. Typical duties require excellent knowledge of internal and external organizational relationships and the daily demonstration of diplomacy and judgment in dealing with a wide range of situations. The Administrative Assistant II is expected to anticipate issues proactively and initiate appropriate action to resolve those issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education and/or Experience
- Performs administrative duties requiring considerable judgment, initiative, and knowledge of organization supported
- Researches, compiles, and analyzes data to prepare reports, tables, charts, and graphs for executive review: makes a recommendation based on knowledge of division.
- May be required to maintain calendars, schedule appointments, prepare meeting materials and arrange departmental meetings/conferences.
- Sets up opportunities and work plans in the firm’s financial systems (Vision). Updates and ensures accuracy of projects.
- Works to develop and produce specification documents for projects using provided software (SpecLink, MasterSpec, etc.)
- Interfaces with personnel of substantial importance within and outside the company concerning matters requiring explanation, discussion, and obtaining approvals.
- Composes letters and memorandums for signature requiring an excellent working knowledge of company functions.
- Edits documents to ensure composition and contextual accuracy; proofreads typed data ensuring proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar usage.
- Prepares materials and agendas for management and/or departmental meetings.
- Receives and prioritizes telephone calls, business visitors, and incoming mail; routes mail and inquiries to proper personnel.
- Manages and maintains office supplies, files, and libraries.
- May track and maintain departmental budgets and assist management in determining budget requirements.
- Assists in providing coverage for reception and mailroom areas to ensure coverage of responsibilities. Works cooperatively with other administrative staff to ensure site/department administrative needs are met efficiently.
- Assists and support preparation of proposals.
- Lead the tracking of work hours and inputs required data for projects.
- Meets utilization (billable hours) targets assigned by company by providing support for ongoing client projects.
High school diploma and a minimum of 8 to 10 years of prior administrative experience is required. Must possess excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Knowledge of MS Project, Adobe Illustrator and PBX/phone systems is strongly preferred. Must possess good overall computer literacy in order to effectively assist in the production of client and company materials. Must possess ability to utilize software tools to compile, analyze and summarize statistical, budget and other information. Ability to multi-task effectively and to pro-actively identify and solve issues is required.
Ability to read and interpret documents, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with employees, managers, and vendors.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables with limited daily interaction from manager. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
There are no special certification or licensing requirements for this position.
Relationship to Others
Reports to Administrative Manager, and may receive day-to-day day guidance from Site Leaders, Administrative Office Managers and Project Managers toward the fulfillment of their roles.
Work is primarily performed in the office with occasional trips to a client’s site, post office, bank, or other locations as needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for prolonged period of time, stand, walk, talk, hear, and reach with hands or arms. Hand eye coordination is necessary to operate computers and other office equipment. The employee is also required to kneel, crouch, and bend.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HR Green, Inc. - 17 months ago