Work with Production and Marketing Coordinators for project management assistance.
• Assist in upkeep and editing of metadata in the company database, assist with organizing assets stored in our digital asset management system
• Coordinate with Online Marketing department to update HBG webpages pertaining to Audio & Large Print, and keep current on e-newsletter blasts to subscribers.
• Assist with social media presence, including maintenance of twitter account
• Support the Associate Art Director with packaging, routing, communicating changes with distribution clients, library channel support, filing, archiving, uploading and downloading files into the Vault, squaring off cover images/re-sizing for audio formats, digital archiving of invoices, art rights, etc.
• Maintain stock levels audiobooks needed by staff in-house, authors and accounts, enter requests to warehouse as necessary.
• Receive warehouse quantities for every title, distribute them through the department and curate in-house department “library”
• Keep stock of regular office supplies, put in orders for specific, as needed
• Update database of incoming reviews on existing spreadsheet
• Organize staff functions and meeting requests/scheduling
• Contact tour stop contacts to confirm audio ordering information.
• Pull sales reports for VP as needed, including for weekly department meeting
• Perform administrative tasks: faxing, photocopying, filing , errands as neccessary
• Work on special audio projects as assigned (e.g. digital research, ISBN assignment, etc)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• The successful candidate will have some office/administrative experience, preferably in a digital, audio, or publishing company (internships, part time ok).
• Polished communication skills (written and oral) & good judgment and will be able to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented department.
• Knowledge of the publishing industry or a love of audiobooks a plus
• Excellent computer skills (Entourage, Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and an ability to work effectively with staff at all levels are essential.
• Design ability (InDesign, Photoshop) a plus
• Ability to multitask and prioritize a must!
• Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed
• Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through
• Drives change and innovation by improving work product or process, and challenges established norms where appropriate
• Proven ability to build supportive and constructive relationships within and outside of the organization; takes the lead in inspiring others to work together for mutual benefit
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail
• Operates ethically: admits mistakes, treats others with respect, trust, and dignity, demonstrates honest and ethical behavior, and follows through on commitments and agreements
Hachette Book Group - 22 months ago
Hachette Book Group goes by the book. The division of Hachette Livre is home to book publisher Little, Brown and hardcover, mass market,...