Work with Production and Marketing Coordinators for project management assistance.
• Assist in upkeep and editing of metadata in the company database, assist with organizing assets stored in our digital asset management system
• Coordinate with Online Marketing department to update HBG webpages pertaining to Audio & Large Print, and keep current on e-newsletter blasts to subscribers.
• Assist with social media presence, including maintenance of twitter account
• Support the Associate Art Director with packaging, routing, communicating changes with distribution clients, library channel support, filing, archiving, uploading and downloading files into the Vault, squaring off cover images/re-sizing for audio formats, digital archiving of invoices, art rights, etc.
• Maintain stock levels audiobooks needed by staff in-house, authors and accounts, enter requests to warehouse as necessary.
• Receive warehouse quantities for every title, distribute them through the department and curate in-house department “library”
• Keep stock of regular office supplies, put in orders for specific, as needed
• Update database of incoming reviews on existing spreadsheet
• Organize staff functions and meeting requests/scheduling
• Contact tour stop contacts to confirm audio ordering information.
• Pull sales reports for VP as needed, including for weekly department meeting
• Perform administrative tasks: faxing, photocopying, filing , errands as neccessary
• Work on special audio projects as assigned (e.g. digital research, ISBN assignment, etc)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• The successful candidate will have some office/administrative experience, preferably in a digital, audio, or publishing company (internships, part time ok).
• Polished communication skills (written and oral) & good judgment and will be able to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented department.
• Knowledge of the publishing industry or a love of audiobooks a plus
• Excellent computer skills (Entourage, Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and an ability to work effectively with staff at all levels are essential.
• Design ability (InDesign, Photoshop) a plus
• Ability to multitask and prioritize a must!
• Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed
• Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through
• Drives change and innovation by improving work product or process, and challenges established norms where appropriate
• Proven ability to build supportive and constructive relationships within and outside of the organization; takes the lead in inspiring others to work together for mutual benefit
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail
• Operates ethically: admits mistakes, treats others with respect, trust, and dignity, demonstrates honest and ethical behavior, and follows through on commitments and agreements
Hachette Book Group goes by the book. The division of Hachette Livre is home to book publisher Little, Brown and hardcover, mass market,...