Harvard University IT ( http://huit.harvard.edu/ ) seeks an administrative assistant to provide essential
support to the Harvard Web Publishing (HWP) team and possibly one other
affiliated group, and to assist with customer service issues as time permits.
Reporting to the Director of Administrative
Web Services, the administrative assistant’s duties include, but are not
limited to, the following:
As time permits, the administrative assistant will help with customer
- Scheduling of meetings
- Room reservations
- Purchasing and processing of expenses
- Coordination of catering
- Audio-visual equipment support and scheduling
- Formatting and preparation of documents, including PowerPoint
presentations, Word documents and Excel spreadsheets
- Recording minutes of meetings and action items
service issues. These duties include,
but are not limited to, the following:
- Basic web publishing assistance using a standard web content management
- Quality assurance testing of client sites developed and supported by HWP
- General fielding of customer inquiries via phone and online issue queue
- Assist with preparation and distribution of
communication from HWP to clients
- Three years office experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to
interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, business
analysts, designers, developers and customers.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work under pressure,
handling multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with MS Office, especially PowerPoint,
Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Commitment to customer service of the highest
- College degree preferred.
- Web publishing experience is a plus.
- Strong proofreading and editorial skills are a plus.
- Familiarity with web development and design tools and techniques is a
- One-on-one or small group training experience a
Please note: Harvard University
requires pre-employment reference and background screening.
Harvard University IT is unable to provide work authorization and/or
This is a term position through June 30, 2014 with possibility of
conversion to a permanent role.
This position has a 90-day probationary period.
Harvard University - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard