Highland Capital Management, L.P. is an SEC-registered alternative investment management firm with approximately $19 billion in assets under management. The firm was founded by Jim Dondero and Mark Okada in 1993 and today, is one of the largest and most experienced global alternative fixed income managers. In addition to its business of managing bank loans, high yield credit and distressed debt, Highland’s other core strategies include credit hedge funds, distressed private equity, long/short equity and real assets. Highland is headquartered in Dallas, Texas with offices in New York, Singapore and Seoul. Despite its size and global reach, Highland remains an entrepreneurial company that fosters internal growth and entrepreneurship.
Highland Capital is seeking an Administrative Assistant with 5+ years of relevant experience supporting upper level management and their teams for our Dallas office. Experience in the investment banking, legal or finance industry is strongly desired. This position requires a highly organized, mature and motivated individual who will interface with both internal and external professionals at every level.
- Aptitude to interact on a daily basis with both internal and external c-level executives as well as investors
- Maintain meetings and activities for Managing Director and Team Leads
- Coordinate travel scheduling for both domestic and international flights, as well as its reimbursement in a timely manner
- Preparing reports, email communication, and pitch books
- General office duties (i.e. filing, faxing, copying, letters, in-bound/out-bound phone calls, preparing/composing updates, supply room/kitchen stocking, ad hoc projects, etc.)
- Answer all incoming calls on a 6-line board and transfer/page to appropriate parties in a prompt and professional manner
- Accountable for maintaining a professional, organized office environment (conference rooms, etc.)
- Assist the Office Manager with ad hoc tasks and projects
- Assist Administrative Team in planning and execution of special events and other duties
- Run various errands for the office as needed (on and off-site)
- Perform other business-related duties as needed in a timely manner
- Must have 5+ years of strong experience supporting executive level management in the investment banking, legal or finance industry is strongly desired
- Bachelor’s degree required from a creditable school – business degree preferred
- Must be mature, thoughtful, and articulate and have the confidence to interact one-on-one with management teams and/or intermediaries when necessary
- Must exhibit high degree of discretion as relates to safeguarding confidential information
- Ability to thrive in an independent, entrepreneurial, relatively unstructured environment
- Excellent organizational, communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong multi-tasking, follow-through skills and a sense of urgency
- Self-management and hands-on approach
- Flexible, polished, professional and outgoing
Highland offers a competitive compensation package. Highland has an industry leading health insurance plan with no premiums or deductibles. Highland’s talented professionals share a passion for excellence, commitment to team work, and pride based on the firm’s track record in the alternative investment industry. Highland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.