***This is a full-time position located in Columbia, MD***
IMPAQ International, a growing and dynamic social science research firm, provides high-quality research and impact evaluation services, policy analysis, survey research and technical assistance services to U.S. and international government agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Health and Human Services, Labor, Housing and Urban Development, Education, and Agriculture; the World Bank; the Millennium Challenge Corporation; and the U.S. Agency for International Development. IMPAQ’s mission is to provide exemplary research and consulting services to its domestic and international clients. IMPAQ has a diverse and collegial work environment and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V). IMPAQ was named, for the second year in a row, in the Baltimore Sun’s list of Top Workplaces of 2012. IMPAQ offers two corporate locations: one in downtown Washington, DC, and another in Columbia, MD, which was rated #2 on Money Magazine’s list of America’s Best Small Cities!
IMPAQ is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to provide technical, secretarial, administrative and related office support to designated staff within the research and administrative divisions of the company. The position requires sound knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, office procedures, record keeping, document processing, procurement, supplies and facilities management. The candidate must have excellent organizational skills, demonstrate ability to multi-task and prioritize work, work independently and with a team, and be able to interact successfully with staff and clients.
- Research Support: Assume assistant level billable work as assigned by project teams. Prior experience in this area a plus. Particular skill with Excel, Access or design software (e.g. InDesign, Publisher) desired.
- Office Support: Support work related needs of staff as well as on-site intermittent employees; Human Capital assistance as needed, e.g. greeting candidates for interviews, recruiting efforts; update/maintain Conference Room Instruction Manuals; become proficient in using office equipment; ensure neat/clean appearance of the office; return “out of place” equipment to the proper storage location.
- Front Desk: Share coverage of main desk when co-admin is away from the front desk; answer the main line/retrieve/distribute main line message; greet and assist visitors to the office.
- Mail/Deliveries: Distribute mail/deliveries, arrange mailings (FedEx, USPS), and arrange for shipping of materials to conferences/meetings.
- Office supplies: Assess need for supplies and maintain inventory (office/kitchens/printer); orders supplies; stock office supplies and printer stations; stock, maintain, straighten kitchens; assist with clean-up of terminated employee workstations and set up workstations for new hires.
- Meeting/Travel arrangements: Reserve conference rooms for meetings; schedule video conference sessions using MS Office Suite; send out meeting invites to staff; coordinate IT equipment and support needed for meetings including video conferences; order/pickup/setup lunches/refreshments required at meetings; clean up conference room/kitchen after meetings; arrange flight/rail for staff travel; and manage logistics for conference exhibits.
- Office Equipment: Check office equipment to confirm that equipment in good working order; inform Admin/IT in case vendors need to be scheduled; service and maintain kitchen equipment.
- Printing and Production: Support production needs (e.g. printing reports, proposals, papers, presentations, fax, scan documents, etc.); compile and print marketing/conference materials; edit and format project/proposal documents using IMPAQ style-guide templates.
- AA Degree required at a minimum
Knowledge and Experience
- Two to three years of related job experience required
- Prior experience supporting management/executive staff
- Prior experience working in a research firm environment a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook
- Outstanding telephone skills
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all IMPAQ staff, clients, visitors, and vendors
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet expected deadlines
- Ability to work independently in fast paced environment.
IMPAQ International - 11 months ago