Connections Education is a leading, fully-accredited provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K–12. Since 2001, the company’s Connections Academy division has delivered individualized learning to students through virtual public schools and a private online academy. In the 2012-2013 school year, 24 Connections Academy virtual public schools will operate in 22 states and are expected to serve more than 40,000 students from across the U.S. The Connections Learning division meets the needs of schools, school districts, and other institutions looking to develop and enhance their online learning programs. Connections Learning delivers a full range of targeted digital learning solutions to the K-12 education community including online courses, a program for homebound students, a digital learning platform, and more. More than 1000 schools, school districts, state departments of education and other educational institutions, serving tens of thousands of students throughout the United States and beyond, are already utilizing Connections Learning products and services. Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology and helping students achieve both academic and personal success. For more information, call 800-382-6010 or visit www.ConnectionsEducation.com. Connections Education is part of the global learning company Pearson (NYSE: PSO).
Indiana Connections Academy (INCA) is a tuition-free, virtual charter school authorized by Ball State University. INCA provides its education program and other services to students in grades K-12 throughout Indiana. The school was founded in 2010, when the Indiana Department of Education selected Connections Academy to provide virtual education to students, and officially became a charter school in the fall of 2011.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Working from an office in Indianapolis, Indiana, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for daily administrative tasks of the school such as answering phones and email, receiving visitors, assisting the principal and teachers with administrative tasks, filing, and other duties as assigned.
This position is working with the High School side of Indiana Connections Academy.
• Entering data into the online student information system;
• Generating reports;
• Answering the phones;
• Scheduling appointments;
• Speak with Parents and Students;
• Assist school Principal with a wide variety of daily responsibilities; and
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools and web-based applications is essential
• Previous school office experience preferred
• Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
• Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Customer focused approach
• High degree of flexibility
• Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced team environment
Connections Academy - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard