Department: MN Extension Services and Administrative Services
Classification: Grade 6 (Local 1626)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Description: AS/OC; Administrative office support and office receptionist.
Current Vacancy: One (1) Regular, F/T position
Open Competitive Job Opportunity : Open to applicants of the public.
- Serve as primary point of contact to provide program staff with office clerical support for 4-H, forestry, master gardener program, and nutrition education program.
- Provide overall office operations clerical support for Regional Director, as assigned.
- Provide general office administrative and clerical support and serve as a liaison in accessing and distributing information from University of Minnesota Extension for resource and referral.
- Receptionist to provide customer service and resource and referral services.
- Compile program evaluation data, summarize data and prepare reports.
- Maintain database programs, websites, produce documents, brochures and program fliers via word processing for distribution via regular, electronic or bulk mailing. Effectively work with appropriate website contacts to update website information.
- Track inventory and order office supplies; maintain mailing lists and electronic group contacts.
- Track departmental budget account status reports and share with supervisor.
- Code departmental invoices and financials and submit in accordance with County policy and procedures.
- Schedule and coordinate volunteers via telephone, email, etc.
- Schedule rooms and make conference arrangements and reservations for staff.
- Assist with program registration and handling of program logistics.
- Provide general office administrative and clerical support for Administrative Services and serve as receptionist as needed.
2. Staff development: participate in regular on–line webinar
trainings, conference calls or meetings.
3 . Be an accepting agent and process passports for the National Passport Agency for individuals applying for Passports and report fraudulent individuals immediately.
- 1. Review forms for proof of citizenship and determine eligibility according to federal laws and U.S. Department of State’s policies. Question applicant to obtain additional or clarifying data as needed.
- 2. Process “No Fee” military passports and forward to the Special Issuance Agency, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
4. Take meeting minutes and type/word process, as assigned,
with occasional participation in meetings outside of regular
5. Regular attendance on the job.
6. Perform other duties as delegated.
Essential Function(s): The basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations. If the position exists to perform that duty, it is an essential function. The essential function(s) for this position are 1-3, 5 of the above Duties.
Non-Essential Function(s): Marginal duties that have limited or no consequences should the duties not be performed by the particular position. The non-essential function(s) for this position are 4, 6 of the above Duties.
% of Time: Duty 1 85%, Duty 2 5%, Duty 3 10%
Minimum Qualifications (Pass/Fail):
High school graduate OR equivalent; successfully pass a 55 wpm typing exam ( via AssessTyping.com – Link to typing exam provided in the Supplemental Questions when applying for the position .) ; successfully pass a clerical exam, at 70% or higher, which will be administered after the closing date and time of the position; two (2) year’s post-secondary education (must attach transcript) in administrative/clerical course work OR two (2) year’s work experience in an administrative/clerical office setting OR equivalent combination of education (must attach transcript) and work experience in administrative/ clerical course work/office setting; one (1) year education (must attach transcript) and/or work experience in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge of: Extension in the areas of horticulture, agriculture, 4-H, health and nutrition, forestry/ natural resources.
Ability to: make office deliveries, attend trainings/meetings, on an as needed basis via a reliable means of transportation; edit and proof own work; be organized and meticulous to detail; have excellent written and oral communication skills and customer service; provide resource and referral; maintain confidentiality; use effective decision-making, problem-solving and troubleshooting techniques within the scope of job duties; manage, prioritize and evaluate work load tasks; regularly communicate schedules and tasks with staff and supervisor; manage and complete tasks with timeliness and accuracy; work independently; use creativity in developing program fliers and brochures, work well with others in a team setting; ability and willingness to follow rules and procedures and directives from supervisor.
Administrative/clerical work experience, within the last five years, in the public sector; Administrative/ clerical work experience, within the last five years, in a paid capacity working with volunteers and program participants; education (must attach transcript) and/or work experience in bookkeeping/ accounting; education (must attach transcript) and/or work experience with Microsoft Access and Powerpoint, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Publisher or other desktop publishing software, Internet, scanning and imaging, specialized database software, web page management .
WORK HOURS, LOCATION, CONDITIONS AND EXTENT OF SUPERVISION:
Work Hours: The normal hours of work shall be eight (8) hours per day and forty (40) hours per week, Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, overtime as necessary and approved.
Work Location: Itasca County Extension Department and Administrative Services Department, First Floor, Courthouse, 123 NE 4th St, Grand Rapids, MN.
Work Conditions: These working conditions are a summary; review of the job duty analysis will provide more detailed description. CONTINUOUSLY: forward bend sitting, rotation, sitting, use of hands (finger, handle), sensory (vision, hearing, talk/speak). FREQUENTLY: carry (10-25 lbs), reach, forward bend standing, standing, standing work, walking. OCCASIONALLY: lift (low level under 10 lbs, 10 - 25 lbs), lift (mid-range under 10 lbs, 10 - 25 lbs) lift (overhead under 10 lbs, 10 - 25 lbs), lift (positional under 10 lbs), carry (under 10 lbs), push/pull (under 10 lbs), low-work (crouch, kneel - 1/2 kneel), balance, stair climb, climb, use of hands (grip, pinch).
Extent of Supervision: Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Regional Director MN Extension and Itasca County Administrator, indirect supervision of the (none). Supervision of Others: none; indirectly report to this job: seasonal and/or temporary clerical interns.
Itasca County, MN - 16 months ago