Current Janus employees - please apply through My Janus
- If you are a returning applicant, please log-in to your account in thePrevious Applicantssection below. This will allow you to review your current application information & resume and make any necessary updates before applying for a job posting. You will not have the ability to update this information or attach an updated resume once you've applied for a job posting. *
Location: US - Denver, CO
Last updated: 5/3/13 4:35 PM
Janus is a global investment management firm with the trust and respect of more than four million shareholders, clients and institutions, and with more than $161.8 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2013). Our product offerings include investment strategies across fixed income, as well as growth, mathematical and value equities. Janus has always been passionately inquisitive and independent in our pursuit to identify better investment opportunities for our clients. If there’s one thing that we’ve uncovered throughout our 40 year history, it’s that our unique culture of discipline and independence helps drive our clients’ success. Janus is in business to help our investors achieve their financial goals and realize their dreams, and we believe the most effective way to do so is to work together to deliver strong, consistent long-term investment performance and exceptional service. We are deeply committed to our mission to deliver better outcomes for our clients through the disciplined pursuit of independent ideas.
Responsible for providing clerical and administrative support for a specific person, department, or function. Tasks may include: preparing routine and specialized correspondence, reports and presentations, screening and directing telephone calls, making travel arrangements, ordering supplies, scheduling appointments and meetings, handling incoming mail, maintaining files, and database maintenance. Some time may be spent on project work. Work is performed under general supervision.
OTHER FUNCTIONS: Assumes additional duties as requested or assigned.
- Performs a variety of clerical and administrative tasks for a specific person, department, or function. Tasks may vary depending on specific business unit requirements.
- Prepares routine and specialized correspondence, memos, and reports as required. May prepare responses to routine correspondence for supervisor following established procedures.
- Handles incoming and outgoing department mail, which may include opening, reading, sorting, copying, distributing, and filing as necessary.
- Answers, screens, and directs incoming telephone calls ensuring a high level of customer service.
- Schedules appointments, coordinates meetings and special events, makes travel arrangements, and prepares expense reports as required.
- Assists department with miscellaneous clerical tasks, including data entry, ordering office supplies, copying, faxing, and establishing and maintaining department files.
- Prepares and edits standard presentations, including formatting and improving presentation layout.
- May coordinate budget development, including coding items and collecting and compiling data.
- May be responsible for managing some departmental projects.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Stronginterpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong clerical and administrative skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, databases
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to operate standard office equipment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Two years clerical and/or administrative support experience required
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- High School diploma or GED required
All applicants must be willing to comply with the provisions of Janus' Investment Advisory Code of Ethics related to personal securities activities and other disclosure and certification requirements, including past political contributions and political activities. Applicants’ past political contributions or activity may impact applicants’ eligibility for this position.
- Overtime may be required on short notice and may include weekend, holiday, and evening hours
- Basic office equipment, including PC, telephone, copier, fax machine, etc.
- PC usage up to 100% of the time
Janus/INTECH is an EOE / Affirmative Action employer
Named after the Roman god with two faces, Janus Capital Group provides investment management and advisory services for institutional and...