Why John Deere
Each piece of John Deere equipment has hundreds of parts making it possible to undertake tough jobs globally. Our Worldwide Parts Division helps keep them all running. Comprehensive management and distribution of parts inventory and materials is vital to the success of our customers and our company. In addition, high technology enables the Parts Division to provide services like pricing, system support, forecasting, planning and analysis to all of Deere's equipment divisions. Thanks to John Deere parts, our customers know that when they need their John Deere machines to work - they will.
Put your experience and analytical skills to work in an engaging professional environment by joining the accounting team at John Deere. The company recognizes the vital role accounting plays in its success and relies on our team’s financial acumen and counsel in the achievement of strategic objective, especially with respect to Operating Return on Assets and Shareholder Value Added.
What You’ll Do
As an Administrative Assistant for John Deere’s Parts Distribution Center in Milan, IL you will provide general administrative support for North America Customer Support Services, North America Dealer Parts Management and Worldwide Customer Support Services. In addition you will:
What It Takes
- Create various reports used by supervisors and managers of the department.
- Prepare presentations and letters used for both internal and external dealer communications.
- Manage daily/weekly/monthly departmental reports.
- Maintain confidential department records.
- Manage calendar appointments.
- Schedule and coordinate global and domestic travel arrangements and meetings.
We need an excellent communicator who is a self-starter and has strong multitasking skills. Ideally you will have a Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience. In addition we require:
A strong candidate will also have:
- Previous experience in an administrative assistant role.
- Expert with operating standard office equipment (examples: photocopier, fax machine, telephone).
- Proficiency in using Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access, and other Microsoft programs.
- Ability to drive a 4-wheel mail cart for internal mail and small package delivery within a warehouse environment.
- The ability to lift items up to 50lbs.
- Experience maintaining confidential data.
- The ability to maintain/update website information.
**** No relocation benefits are available for this position. ****
What You’ll Get
With excellent training and development opportunities, our employees can advance their careers as fast and as far as their ambition, skills and competencies allow. Multiple career paths enable our employees to explore their many talents and maximize career satisfaction.
Experience John Deere and serve the land you live on.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.
Are you looking for a meaningful career? How does feeding the world sound? There are currently 7.6 billion people on this planet and by...