Provide administrative assistance and support for the Section Head, Section on Clinical, Behavioral and Outcomes Research as well as the laboratory and staff for this Investigator. The administrative assistant must be able to handle many requests on his/her own, prioritize act ivies, and be capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously. While the investigator travels, the assistant must be able to work independently and address urgent issues in their absence.
- Provide administrative support to the Section Head/Investigator, including reception of visitors to the office, answering office phones, scheduling appointments, making travel arrangements, prepare correspondence, timesheet preparation and distribution of payroll.
- Maintain the personal calendar for the Section Head/Investigator, and coordinate administrative/meeting scheduling with patient schedule and lab activities.
- Prepares non-scientific components for grant applications, including obtaining signatures and formatting biosketches, CVs and the like.
- Order lab and office supplies using electronic ordering system; coordinate maintenance of office equipment.
- Maintain curriculum vitae for Section Head/Investigator and provide administrative assistance for her academic publishing needs.
- Field calls from clinic and study patients.
- Maintain Joslin website, including posting and removing study information.
- Track expired studies, IRB approval deadlines and submissions of paperwork for clinical studies.
- Maintain supply space for the trials.
- Arrange meetings with, and provide courteous assistance to, staff and visitors.
- Interface with center and research administrators.
- Coordinate efforts on multiple tasks according to their priority.
- Knowledge of Joslin Diabetes Center and Harvard Medical School procedures.
- Organization and coordination of office systems.
- Knowledge of computer and office hardware and software.
- Maintain adequate quantities of general office supplies to meet the needs of all laboratory staff.
Joslin Diabetes Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Associate's degree or two years of college
- One to three years of relevant work expereince
- Ability to work independently; ability to work under constant distractions and interruptions, ability to deal with many different personality types
Joslin Diabetes Center - 4 months ago