In this full-time position (35-40 hours a week), you will gain a broad range of business training and experience. Lawyer's Aid Service is a 15-person company that assists attorneys and operates a small student residence. Pay is $12-$13 an hour (or higher with stronger credentials).
You will carry out:
- human resources tasks such as screening and recommending hires;
- managing an 11-room student residence upstairs from the office, doing tasks such as posting ads, leasing rooms (seasonal), interacting with residents, facilities management, supervising cleaners;
- maintaining web pages;
- getting printer bids and ordering printing;
- writing and improving how-to guides;
- and an opportunity for increasingly skilled administrative, marketing, and business development responsibilities.
Resourcefulness and people-savvy are keys to excellence in this job.
Training is provided. This position maintains a detailed manual and calendar on the tasks, which helps you learn and acts as a ready reference.
- Required: some college
- A big plus: academic excellence
- Pluses: college degree, knowledge of Excel, business background or interests, any experience in the duties above, web page development or analytics, office work, purchasing, Spanish, touch-typing 30+ words per minute
You will report primarily to the vice-president. This is a long-term opportunity. Your duties are likely to evolve as you gain experience and the business evolves.
Benefits and company culture
Started in 1980, Lawyer's Aid Service offers a work environment that is positive and cooperative, with a friendly team spirit. Health insurance for full-time employees, business casual dress, and a location near UT are some main benefits. Hours are somewhat flexible within 35-40 hours a week.
Lawyer's Aid Service, Inc. - 14 months ago