JOB TITLE SUMMARY:
The Administrative Assistant provides high-level administrative support to several literacy initiatives and professional development offerings/events; also functions as a member of the administrative team.
- Focused Areas of Responsibility
- Functions as lead support for literacy initiatives that may include Literacy Collaborative at the following levels: Primary, Intermediate, Middle School, K-5 and District Trainer, Literacy Leadership Team Institute, School Leaders training, Literacy for All Conference, and other seminars, institutes, courses, new initiatives, and research.
- Coordinates training sessions and courses both on and off campus.
- Efficiently handles manual and online registrations/applications and subsequent follow-up.
- Orders and prepares materials and handouts. Coordinates room reservations and general setup, including A/V needs and support during the training.
- Invoices for payment and follows up as needed.
- Support faculty, directors, assistant directors, and project managers with day-to-day and long-term needs. This includes meeting with and preparing materials for faculty and participants (handouts, resource binders, PowerPoint presentations, travel arrangements, expense vouchers, coordinating conference calls, meeting rooms, etc.).
- Takes lead role on project work, directing work-study students and temporary staff.
- Provide general office support: answering telephones, managing rooms, ordering supplies, maintaining office equipment and storage space.
- Responds to telephone and email inquiries, providing information about all Center courses and trainings.
- Communicates with students and participants, answering questions and problem-solving.
- Formats, produces and distributes newsletter to literacy coaches and schools.
Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable
- Assists with Center marketing efforts, including social media.
- Communicates with vendors to secure, track and remit payment for needed supplies and/or services.
- Invoices and processes payments for trainings and events; this includes follow up as needed.
- Assists faculty with online courses, webinars, A/V setup during courses, and troubleshooting as needed.
- Videotapes and/or photographs training sessions at Lesley University.
- Maintains systems to ensure consistent performance of task such as ordering books/materials, processing registrations and invoices, and tracking participants.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of skills and experience.
- 2-3 years of administrative experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written skills communication skills, and excellent customer service skills are required.
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment, and complete work while under pressure and within established time constraints.
- Flexibility, organizational and problem-solving skills necessary to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and follow through in work is required.
- Basic proficiency in marketing and social media with a willingness to learn new technologies and marketing strategies desired.
- Must be willing and able to lift boxes that weigh up to 20 pounds.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States; if you hold a visa, your visa status must allow you to work at Lesley University.
BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Applicant screening will begin immediately, and the search will continue until the position is filled.
Please include a cover letter, CV/ resume, and contact information for three references.
Lesley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to increasing the diversity of the university community and the curriculum. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are encouraged to apply.
Lesley University - 30+ days ago