Lower Kuskokwim School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s): Administrative Assistant Description: Qualifications: 1. High School Diploma or GED. 2. Bachelor's degree in education preferred.
3. Valid Alaska Teaching or Administrative Certificate preferred. 4. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
5. Willingness to live and work in a cross-cultural, rural Alaskan environment. 6. Willingness to travel to remote locations.
7. Fluent Yugtun speaker. 8. Alaska driver's License.9.
Ability to carry out successfully the duties described below. Duties: 1. Organizes and analyzes materials, as assigned by the Superintendent. 2.
Assists the Superintendent in the preparation of board packets and related materials. 3. Assists the Superintendent in the public relations function of the District. 4.
Maintains an organized and clean office environment.5. Responsible for the thorough knowledge of policy manual updating , revising, and drafting,.6. Maintains strict confidentiality.7. Assumes responsibility to carry out successfully the duties required with minimal supervision.8.
Assumes a leadership role in special projects as directed by the Superintendent.9. Obtains, gathers, and organizes pertinent data as needed.10. Processes incoming correspondence.11. Works closely with Advisory School Board and assist in the training of ASB members.
12. Prepares and presents training material to ASB members, clerical staff and community members.13. Assumes a leadership role with all site secretaries and district office clerical personnel. 14.
Assist the Superintendent, as needed , with community meetings at sites around the district.15. Maintains a schedule of appointments and makes arrangements for conferences.16. Welcomes visitors and arranges for their comfort, and screens unexpected callers, in accordance with established protocols.17. Operates computers, calculators, copiers, and fax machines, effectively and with minimal direction.18.
Functions as the Open Meetings Act or Robert's Rules of Order expert for ASB members and LKSD Regional Board members.19. Gives public notice and attends all meetings of the School Board. 20. Keeps full and accurate minutes of School Board meetings.
21. Other duties as assigned. Location: Bethel - District Office/Superintendent's Office Salary: Range 19P $31.29/hour Closing Date: November 22, 2013 5:00PM Terms of Employment: Permanent, 40 hours/week, 258 days/year Not part of a bargaining unit
Education America Network - 14 months ago