The James and Grace Lee Boggs School is a community-based school opening in the Islandview Village neighborhood on Detroit’s east side. Its mission is to nurture creative, critical thinkers who contribute to the well-being of their communities.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to provide organization for student and staff records, answer phones, and be the welcoming, friendly face of the front office. As a community-based school, we are committed to promoting an inclusive, beloved community. The Administrative Assistant must be able to be hospitable with a diverse group of people and possess the requisite administrative skills. Please visit our website to familiarize yourself with our mission and vision and determine compatibility. www.boggseducationalcenter.org
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in business or administration preferred Experience in education institutions preferred. Bookkeeping experience preferred.
- Maintain files with background checks, teaching certificates, and professional development forms
- Collect time sheets for full-time staff, part-time hourly staff, and independent contractors
- Track and report hours and time off
- Answer multiline phone system
- Greet and direct visitors
- Complete office or computer tasks for teachers and other staff
- Place supplies and equipment orders
- Log student attendance; verify attendance records with teachers
- Maintain organization of all student files
- Support copier/printer and other office technology
- Work closely with Operations Director on operations tasks
- Establish strong positive relationships with students, staff, school families, and school neighbors
MAPSA - 19 months ago