The Administrative Assistant coordinates smooth office operations for the site through a high
level of customer service interactions with staff, residents and all internal and external
contacts. This role provides leasing and administrative support to the Property Manager
and/or Assistant Property Manager in alignment with Franciscan Ministries (FMI) policies and
The Administrative Assistant acts as receptionist, answering phone calls, receiving
visitors/residents and responding to inquiries as appropriate. Receives maintenance requests
and writes/types work orders, maintains work order logs and provides weekly reports to
supervisor. The Administrative Assistant maintains department files, supplies and tracking
sheets. This position is responsible for performing clerical duties as assigned including
faxing, copying, mail runs, filing and retrieval of records.
This position requires knowledge of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) regulations, fair housing laws, the ability to work under the direction of more than one supervisor and the ability to work well under pressure maintaining a professional, calm demeanor.
- One or more years of experience working in an office environment.
- One or more years of leasing experience is preferred.
- Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) certificate, or ability to obtain such certification within first year of hire.
- Previous experience working in an assisted living or skilled nursing facility preferred.
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel computer skills as well as familiarity with property
management software preferred.
- Excellent math and calculator skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong multi-tasking abilities with the ability to handle competing deadlines, flexible and adaptable (open to change).
- Ability to handle difficult and sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.