- High school or GED
This position is accountable to perform clerical and administrative support, including word processing, scheduling, supporting and/or managing special projects, and various other duties related to the effective operation of the department. The Administrative Assistant will support the mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment of quality of service to patients, physicians, the public, and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performs routine clerical, administrative, and secretarial duties as assigned in a prompt, effective, and confidential manner to ensure department efficiency.
- Interacts courteously and effectively with all department customers to give assistance, answer questions, and facilitate departmental operations. Exhibits a positive and professional image.
- Maintains daily appointment calendars. Schedules and coordinates meetings which may include registration, travel, and lodging arrangements.
- Transcribe and prepare departmental correspondence and reports.
- Prepares correspondence, policies, meeting minutes, forms, guidelines and other general typing, as directed. Creates and maintain a filing system which organizes. materials to ensure quick accessibility.
- Sets up and utilizes audio-visual equipment as needed.
- Creates and enhances audio-visual presentations as needed in a timely and efficient fashion.
- Performs special projects in order to meet identified project goals and objectives.
- Monitor and maintain levels of office supplies which include processing vouchers and requisitions to assist in the maintenance of necessary equipment and supplies.
- Participates in educational programs to enhance professional growth and development. Keeps abreast of current educational literature related to position.Researches and prepares information, as requested.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent with some college preferred.
- At least three years of recent secretarial experience; administrative experience preferred.
- Typing speed of 50 wpm required
- Proficient interpersonal, writing, and other communication skills necessary.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, personal computer knowledge including, but not limited to, word processing, spread sheets, electronic calendars, database management, graphics, presentations, and Internet communicatio ns.
- Strongly prefer Medical Experience
Mary Washington Healthcare - 8 months ago