Assists with the overall administration of the Office of Residence Life. The position is primarily responsible for maintaining information about resident students; including room assignments and meal plan applications/contracts, and requires daily interaction with the Colleague information system. The position supports the Director of Residence Life by providing assistance with administrative operations and provides clerical, customer service and computer support for the office in general, including word processing, reception, and generating reports and rosters.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides general customer service for the Office of Residence Life: answering questions, making referrals, providing office forms, collecting information, and answering the phone.
- Assists in the coordination of student assignments to residence hall buildings and rooms based on deposit date, designated preferences, and roommate requests.
- Maintains and monitors resident student related information in Colleague including: building assignments, room assignments, room changes, mailbox numbers, telephone numbers, etc.
- Maintains and updates files including: applications/contracts, medical forms, student files relating to judicial issues, personnel files, etc.
- Assists in the management of student related invoicing, including mid-semester billing (lost keys, infraction fines, early checkouts), end of term individual and community billing, and billing appeals.
- Help track judicial sanctions, roommate conflicts, psychological issues and hall programming.
- Help coordinate the administrative portions of student move-in and move–out, including tracking and filing of room inventory cards, billing slips, medical consent forms, check out procedures, etc.
- Prepare and distribute: rosters, occupancy, deposit, meal plan, payment, and registration reports.
- Help coordinate early and late resident arrivals.
- Process mid-semester and mid-year withdrawals in conjunction with Academic Advisement, Center for Student Services and Dining Services.
- Assist the Residence Directors by: scheduling student meetings, handling correspondence, handling routine assignments, and assisting with the daily operation of the Office of Residence Life.
- Assist in the coordination of special events as they relate to Residence Life (open house, admission tours, etc.).
- Maintain files classified by subject; perform miscellaneous clerical work as required. Oversee the requisition of office supplies and operation of the departmental computers and laser printer. Train staff in appropriate use of office machines and systems. Coordinate the ordering and delivery of office supplies through the Internet.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail, memoranda, packages, etc. to appropriate individuals within the assigned unit.
- Maintain and process all department time sheets.
- Assist with paperwork relating to part-time student workers. Ensure that all part-time student employees within the department have completed all federal and college employment forms before being granted work hours. Track all work-study funds for department and assist the staff with student payroll when necessary.
- Assist in supervision of student workers at front desk, and serve as point of contact for inquiries by student staff. Serve as front desk back-up when student workers are not present.
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Extensive knowledge of general office procedures
- Working knowledge of database software; knowledge of Datatel Colleague
BACK TO TOP
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Marymount Manhattan College
221 East 71 Street
New York, New York 10021
Marymount Manhattan College - 19 months ago