Healing patients starts with you. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Medical-Surgical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, McKesson Medical-Surgical is the leading distributor of medical-surgical supplies, equipment and supply chain solution services. We're also a technological leader in the industry, developing products and services that improve processes and enhance quality and efficiency. We have 25 distribution centers across the country, employing more than 4,000 associates. We stock and distribute over 150,000 products and serve more than 85,000 customers. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare. But we're especially proud to be the company our customers and their patients count on for solutions to their healthcare supply management needs.
Provides administrative support to the operations of a large distribution center by working on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Normallyreceives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments. This role will handle most employee facing activities and tracking and will serve as the back up to the Administrative Assistant. The position will report to the Operations Manager and will not have any direct reports.
- Assign all access badges to new hires to ensure appropriate level of access
- Manage/maintain employee lockers and locker assignments
- Tracking local activities such as attendance and material handler pay/job progression
- Process accurate and timely payroll and manage Kronos timekeeping system
- Coordinate resources for local meetings (benefits, MCM, etc.)
- Coordinate resources and communication of employee events
- Support/coordinate employee opinion survey activities
- Maintain employee information boards with current operations, corporate and compliance information
- Provide administrative support to the management team
- Coordinate recruiting as requested and complete initial processing for recruiting non exempt roles
- Serves as liaison with vendors to secure temporary workers
- Complete new-hire on boarding to ensure timely and accurate processing
- Direct employees to resources they may need; for example, guide employees to the HR Support Center
- May train other administrative/clerical staff and may function as back up to other administrative/clerical staff
- May perform other duties as assigned
- 1 year administrative support experience
- Good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of administrative support requirements
- Reading, writing and arithmetic skills
- Computer literacy with strong working knowledge of office software including spreadsheets, word processing and database applications
- Microsoft Office Products (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
- Accuracy in communications and work product
HS Diploma, Vocational Training or Equivalent
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Medical-Surgical, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare. Learn more about our opportunities at mckesson.com/careers
No agencies please.
McKesson - 14 months ago
McKesson moves medicine. As a top pharmaceuticals distributor in North America, McKesson delivers prescription and generic drugs, as well as...