Blah, blah, blah, yes that’s how most ads read for Administrative Assistant. OK, our ad could read that way too, because certainly our Administrative Assistant position has a lot of required ‘blah’ to it: keyboarding and computer skills required; great organization skills needed; ability to work in a team atmosphere, etc. However (and you had to know there was going to be a ‘however’) if you have the required blah, blah skills but also would enjoy working for a terrific company with great benefits, a wonderful working environment, and a place where continuous learning is our passion (and not just some current buzz words we fling around to impress), you should contact us.
Are you thinking to yourself, “who is this company, this is really piquing my interest?” We are a fast growing, well respected and successful community management organization. While our headquarters is located in Aliso Viejo, we have offices scattered throughout California. In business since 1980, we never stop trying to innovate. And while you may start as an Administrative Assistant, if you have growth plans for yourself, and have the courage, skills and commitment to always go the extra mile, who knows where you may end up in this organization.
So if you have the blah and the stuff, maybe this is the place for you.
Provide administrative support to Community Management staff.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS include the following. Other requirements may be assigned.
- Type dictation from Community Management staff.
- Run errands as requested. This requires dependable transportation, vehicle insurance and a valid driver’s license.
- Confirm meeting dates and time with Board members/changing if necessary.
- Must be active not only within the “team” concept, but also in companywide task forces.
- Handle all mail for team assignment.
- Process any Federal Express or courier packages for Community Management staff.
- Issue outgoing faxes 4 times a day. The first at 8:00 a.m. and the last at 4:45 p.m.
- Maintain a three-day turnaround time (unless otherwise specified) of work on their desk. If problems arise in this respect, contact the supervisor to ensure the work gets back to the Community Management staff in a timely manner.
- If applicable, keep assigned printer full of paper and the area clean.
- Must be willing to take on additional responsibilities such as telephone relief, copy shop/mail room duties as workload demands.
- May be required to work overtime from time to time.
- When a Community Management staff member is on vacation, the Administrative Assistant will review mail on a daily basis and prioritize.
- Be prepared to take calls from board members and homeowners and attempt to assist them. If the Administrative Assistant does not have the information, inform the caller that they will work with staff to obtain the information.
- Support staff as requested to complete filing, administrative duties of board packet completion and sending appropriate documents to storage.
- Visit the Community Management staff’s In and Out File a minimum of once daily to clear out the Out File and distribute the papers accordingly.
- Greet and welcome new staff to the team and schedule time with them to review the system of support that will be provided by the Administrative Assistant position as well as computer tips.
- Operate the parking stickers and pool key distribution for the accounts on the team.
- Coordinate and arrange for client and in-house meetings on behalf of the Community Management staff. This will include coordinating schedules and calling to confirm the meeting with all participants.
- Follows quality system procedures.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to drive to other work locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have minimum typing speed of 50 WPM.
- Must be able to transcribe dictation from cassette tapes.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Applications, especially Word and Excel.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Drivers License and State Mandated Vehicle Insurance
MERIT Property Management, Inc
- 2 years ago - save job