Under direct supervision provides general administrative support to a department or group of professionals. Compiles and analyzes basic information for inclusion in reports or presentation materials, prepares charts, graphs, or tables as necessary. Receives and responds to routine correspondence following established procedures not requiring management review. Requires the ability to exercise independent judgment and employ basic reasoning skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs administrative and office support activities for multiple Corporate Provider Services teams.
• Answers and transfers incoming telephone calls.
• Receives and directs visitors.
• Performs word processing, filing, and email/faxing.
STATE PLAN / DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Primary job functions include:
- Front Desk Reception responsibilities – individual will support multiple areas while providing regular reception/front-desk coverage.
- Operates CISCO telephone console with professionalism including forwarding calls and taking messages.
- Greets visitors and notifies employees of guests’ arrival.
- Maintains visitor register and creates visitor passes/name tags.
- Assists other units as time permits.
- Handles mail/FedEx/UPS distribution to appropriate parties.
- Trains relief receptionist/operators.
- Relieve management of administrative details
- Update and chase delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines; help keep projects on schedule
- Help develop and maintain procedure manuals to ensure consistency
- Assist with interdepartmental issues to help coordinate problem solving in an efficient and timely manner
- Coordinates with building maintenance and janitorial services
- Coordinates with corporate facility group
- Order and maintain health plan supplies
- Coordination with offsite storage vendors
- Compose correspondence/reports for own or supervisor’s signature
- Arrange essential mail in priority action order for supervisor
- Check deadlines on incoming requests and put preliminary work in play
- Process replies on own initiative, from supervisor’s dictation or notes
- Arrange meeting facilities
- Act as recording secretary; prepare action minutes as required
Use discretion and confidentiality when performing all business
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Extensive software skills & competencies are required, as well as Internet research abilities and strong communication skills. Includes: MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and also preferably a familiarity with Visio, Project and Access)
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and employ basic reasoning skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to abide by Molina’s policies
• Ability to maintain attendance to support required quality and quantity of work
• Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
• High School or GED
• AA Degree
• 1 - 2 years’ experience in an administrative role.
• Experience in a claims processing environment.
• Microsoft Excel with formatting and developing spreadsheets experience.
• Office administration in a managed care setting
To all current Molina employees if you are interested in applying for this position please fill out an Employee Transfer Request Form (ETR) and attach it to your profile when applying online. Be sure to let us know you are a current employee by selecting “Molina Employee (current) in the source section of the online application.
Molina Healthcare offers competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V