Provide administrative support to the office of Student Affairs and the Chief Student Affairs Officer and staff. Coordinate or assist with meetings, programs and events. Provide routine support for budgetary needs and/or special projects or programs as assigned.
Principal Functional Responsibilities
• Serves as the main administrative support to the CSAO in performing tasks that support Student Affairs including maintaining calendars for administrative staff members, scheduling and coordinating meetings and schedules, preparing and proofing correspondence, handling phone calls, receiving office visitors and providing information and referrals, and other related duties as assigned by the CSAO .
• Serves as the front-line in providing information to students, faculty, staff, prospective students, guests and others in answering questions, resolving issues or referring appropriately.
• Maintains business functions of Student Affairs including the monitoring cost center budgets, processing all purchasing and accounting related forms, copier and printer operations, recommending reallocations and purchases, ordering supplies, and maintaining an inventory of equipment and publications.
• Types memos, letters, agendas and minutes. Creates various documents including spreadsheets, fliers, and tables that pertain to student affairs functions. Files correspondence, academic records, forms, etc appropriately. Copies materials as requested.
• Assists with the ERAS process for developing and managing MSPEs and uploading Letters of Recommendations for residency services.
• Assists in developing marketing materials such as publicity fliers, brochures, invitations, etc. Requests services from the Duplicating Department and Media Design Services.
• Communicates directly with NEOMED students, faculty, deans, administrators and other NEOMED offices on behalf of the CSAO .
• Assists the Student Affairs staff with program planning and organization.
• Screens and sorts the office mail and telephone communications.
• Maintains a high degree of confidentiality regarding information pertinent to students, faculty and staff.
• Accesses data from Banner and assists with generating reports as requested.
Education/Degrees: High School diploma plus two years of college coursework (Associate Degree) OR equivalent years of experience.
Experience: 3 – 5 years related work experience in an administrative / department coordinator role. Writing and editing skills. Experience in higher education preferred. Proficient computer skills – Microsoft Office Suite and database experience.
Key Skills and Personal Characteristics
Key Skills, Knowledge and Personal Characteristics:
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to manage work, multitask, and set priorities in a proactive manner.
• Proficient in professional telephone etiquette.
• Ability to understand general bookkeeping / budgeting principals.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and represent the organization appropriately.