High school diploma or equivalent is required.
2-3 years experience preferred.
Steward Health Care System is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 20 outpatient facilities all committed to compassion, accountability, respect and excellence. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Steward Health Care System is a community-based accountable care organization and community hospital network with more than 15,000 employees serving more than one million patients annually in 85 communities.
Steward Medical Group, Inc. is a physician-led practice organization with 1,700 employees in total and more than 160 physician practices throughout Eastern Massachusetts.
- Coordinates on-boarding of new staff e.g. space, computer, telephone, access etc.
- Maintains and distributes all staff lists.
- Provides a variety of administrative duties supporting three physicians within the Dept of Surgery
- Responsible for patient flow, managing patient referrals, schedule office visits, surgery, arranging pre-anesthesia testing, cath lab procedures, radiology imaging tests, and ensuring timely billing.
- Answers and screens incoming telephone calls for the office.
- Drafts routine correspondence and memos.
- Oversees and maintains office supply inventory.
- Facilitates resolution of internal equipment service issues e.g. printers, faxes etc.
- Identifies opportunities for administrative cost savings.
- Oversees and facilitates accounts payable payment requests including completing purchase orders.
- Obtaining required signatures and assigning appropriate accounting codes to each invoice and tracking against budget.
- Schedules internal and external meetings and arranges for conference rooms as needed.
- Prepares presentations and other documents including outreach and training materials for external customers.
- Maintains Steward Direct Sharepoint site, including creating and uploading documents.
- Tracks staff attendance and coordinates time sheet process.
- Assists with patient and practice mailings.
- Updates databases with required information.
- Sorts and redirects mail.
- Assists staff responsible for preparation and distribution of SCHN Board materials.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed .
- Performs other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma required, additional education preferred.
· Three years experience in office setting.
· Preference given to those candidates with experience working with surgeons
- Advanced computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft
- Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Visio experience a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to engage at all levels of the organization.
- Well organized with attention to detail.
- Flexibility to meet changing needs and deadlines.
Nashoba Valley Medical Center - 16 months ago