NIB Team Member Role: Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative
support to the NIB Albany, N.Y. office and have ongoing
communications with NIB Alexandria, affiliated agencies,
OGS, and CBVH.
Job Requirements:Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
organization such as preparation of correspondence,
- Provide administrative support to the NYSPSP
answering telephones, managing communication, filing
and other routine tasks.
including checking for accuracy, proper coding, and
- Management and maintenance of the calendar.
- Processing all expense reports and check requests
obtaining approval of management.
for external stakeholders.
- Arranging travel for as needed. Arranging meetings
for Senior Management. Compiling, interpreting,
- Consolidating departmental information and reports
correcting, and preparing monthly reports and ad hoc
reports as needed and preparing slides and
- Managing appropriate set up and coordination of team
departmental procedures and processes.
- Creating and maintaining an inventory of all
discrepancies, and ensuring accurate reporting to
- Reconciling the budget, identifying and resolving
management as well as escalating issues in a timely
business development teams.
- Data entry in support of the customer care and
- Provide receptionist coverage
preferred from an accredited university or college.
- High School degree required; associates degree
administrative, automatic data processing and
- A minimum of 2 - 4 years of experience in
database management activities with highly developed
able to interpret, correct, verify and distribute
- Must demonstrate initiative, self-assurance and be
computer generated statistical reports.
high level of database management skills, to include
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and have a
report writing and design.
- Excellent organizational, data entry and
- Experience with Oracle desired.
This job description does not imply that these are the
only duties to be performed. The incumbent in this
position will perform such other tasks as may be
required for the effective operation of the
Division/Department upon request by his/her supervisor.
Incorporated as a 501C3 not-for-profit organization,
National Industries for the Blind (NIB) enhances the
opportunities for economic and personal independence of
persons who are blind, primarily through creating,
sustaining and improving employment. NIB operates under
the Javits-Wagner-O'Day (JWOD) Act, a mandatory federal
purchasing program, enabling people who are blind to
work and provide products and services to federal and
By harnessing the demand and purchasing power of the
federal government, NIB and its associated agencies
supply federal markets with a selection of more than
3,000 quality products and services under the trade name
SKILCRAFT®— manufactured and provided by people who are
blind at more than 80 associated agencies, across the
NIB has an excellent benefit plan which includes major
medical, dental, life, short and long term disability,
pension, 403b, flexible work schedule for some
positions, metro access, workout facility access and a
generous vacation/sick plan.
If you are interested in working for an organization
that is making a difference, please send your resume
NIB IS AN Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Those who are blind are encouraged to apply. For more
information about NIB and what we do, please visit our
website at www.nib.org.