* Full-time, benefit eligible, FLSA non-exempt, classified staff position. This position is located on the Flagstaff campus and requires the hired candidate to work 8:00 am to 5:00 pm weekdays.
* This Administrative Assistant position provides direct support to the Department of Comparative Cultural Studies' (CCS) Chair, faculty, and students. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Oversees the department office operations.
* Provides student services support.
* Schedules appointments and facilitates tasks and projects for the department chair.
* Oversees departmental budgets and expenditures utilizing spreadsheet software, including student wage, operations, NAU Foundation funds, and grants.
* Hires, schedules, supervises, and administers payroll for departmental office student wage employees.
* Assists visitors, guests, and students via phone and in person.
* Prepares and processes routine forms and provides clerical and administrative support to faculty.
* Processes faculty travel entitlements and reimbursements.
* Maintains files on students, faculty, courses, majors, alumni, and university policies, procedures, and forms.
* Assists in faculty search process.
* Processes hire and termination documents for temporary faculty and teaching assistants.
* Assists faculty and students with classroom and office technology.
* Maintains and completes inventory of departmental property.
* Inputs and maintains course information and scheduling in PeopleSoft.
* Coordinates or assists in event planning and staging, including guest speakers, conferences, and workshops.
* Responsible for CCS classroom scheduling and department facilities oversight, including requests for maintenance and repair.
* Works closely with other university departments and activities in the performance of assigned duties.
* Four years of increasingly responsible office/administrative experience; OR,
* Any equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education.
* Experience in maintaining electronic calendars or schedules for multiple individuals or resources
* Experience with PeopleSoft.
* Experience with Excel and PeopleSoft Financial software, or similar products.
* Knowledge of student services support procedures (registration policy, etc.)
* Experience in arranging travel and processing travel entitlements and reimbursements.
* Experience in facilities scheduling.
* Experience in event coordination.
* Experience and skill in customer reception activities.
* Experience maintaining multiple budgets
* Experience with equipment and software used in digitizing/scanning visual images.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
* Knowledge of basic mathmetics, and accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing using proper composition, grammer, spelling, and punctuation.
* Skill in the use of computers and software applicable to the position.
* Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/benefits/elig_enroll