This position performs a variety of advanced administrative functions. Responsibilities include but are not limited to; scheduling appointments, composing memos, performing research and creating proposals and presentations. This individual will be assigned to a department or a group of partners. The position requires the individual to be capable of prioritizing competing requests and needs of the department members. The position may have extensive contact with client personnel and the individual should have the ability to exercise independent judgment in such dealings. Must be a ble to work in a rapidly changing environment and provide timely, high-quality and accurate work product.
- Provide general administrative support to a department or group of partners.
- Prepare correspondence, proofreads and formats documents using Microsoft Word.
- Prepare engagement letters and proposals in accordance with Firm policies and procedures.
- Assemble and generate reports using Firm supported software.
- Create and work with spreadsheets.
- Able to work on financials statements using Excel and ProFX Engagement.
- Handles incoming and outgoing mail.
- Responsible for preparing invoices/billings for entire team as directed.
- Schedules appointments and maintains calendars.
- Maintains and updates contact lists using Microsoft Outlook and CCH Practice Management.
- Create, edit and proofread PowerPoint presentations from various sources as directed.
- Assist administrative team with duties as needed, including but not limited to providing coverage for receptionist, working with a team on special projects and other administrative duties as they may be required.
- Manage, research and synthesize data for high level projects.
- Capable of overseeing other administrative professionals.
- Must follow Firm’s procedures, style-manual and protocol.
- 5 to 7 years experience as an administrative assistant.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate with assigned partner and other client servers regarding project issues/questions, deadlines, project load and prioritization.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge.
- Experience processing, proofreading and formatting documents.
- Ability to link Excel spreadsheets to work documents.
- Able to extend time commitments during periods of meeting critical deadlines.
- Able to work in a rapidly changing, high-activity environment that is often unpredictable.
- Able to work independently; enjoys team environment but is capable of working alone for significant periods of time as well.
- Ability to multi-task items simultaneously.
- Experience working at a Public Accounting Firm.
- Bachelor’s Degree
O'Connor Davies, LLP - 15 months ago
O’Connor Davies is a full service Certified Public Accounting and Consulting firm providing specialized professional service of the...