Under direction, the fully operational classification receives instructions in general terms, utilizes independent judgment within established procedures and guidelines, answers routine inquiries and refers difficult questions and problems to higher levels. This classification requires considerable knowledge of office practices and procedures in order to perform moderately complex office support duties; includes work leaders or working supervisors.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1.Acts as receptionist or first-line liaison to internal and external contacts.
2.Utilizes department or University policies, procedures, and practices to answer routine inquiries or resolve problems based on precedents.
3.Supervises, provides work direction, and trains student and clerical employees.
4.Maintains budget, researches and processes expenditures for payment, and prepares fiscal
5.Establishes, and maintains department files, and databases, and creates reports.
6.Researches and gathers information.
7.Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries, and schedules classrooms or conference rooms; coordinates special events.
8.Provides equipment set-up and operation, and all aspects of classroom support for faculty and staff.
9.Maintains inventory and orders supplies.
10.Maintains website, and assists with development and design of publications.
11.Prepares documents, meeting materials, and correspondence, and takes minutes or transcribes dictation.
12.Performs routine office support duties.
13.Maintains budget for PCOE Grants and processes Contracts
14.Performs other duties as assigned.
- 9 mos. training or 9 mos. experience in office practices, policies, and procedures
- 1 mo. experience in databases
- 1 mo. experience in public relations
- 1 mo. experience in budget analysis
- 1 course or 3 mos. experience in operation of computer and calculator
- Ability to provide routine administrative support
- Ability to establish and maintain department files and databases
- Ability to act as receptionist or liaison to internal and external contacts
- Or equivalent of the education and experience listed above
- Candidates may be required to complete a skill assessment(s) to verify level of proficiency in required skills/qualifications
Knowledge of employee training and development
Knowledge of web page development techniques
(*developed after employment)
- Experience with Grants and Contracts
Ohio University - 22 months ago