Postal/Zip Code: 24319
W-L Construction and Paving, an Oldcastle Materials company, is one of southwest Virginia’s largest grading contractors and the largest paving contractor in the area employing more than 350 employees during the construction months. W-L performs all aspects of roadway construction including grading, paving, stone, concrete, and utilities with paving operations exceeding one million tons per year. With multiple locations throughout the state of Virginia, W-L prides itself on its ability to provide a multitude of services to many customers in various geographical locations. In addition, by being a part of the Oldcastle family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, W-L Construction & Paving, Inc. has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- Provide personal administrative support to management and the company through conducting and organizing administrative duties and activities including receiving and handling information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all aspects of general office coordination
- Maintain office calendar to coordinate work flow and meetings
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff and agency information
- Answer telephone in a friendly timely manners
- Operate multi-line switchboard determine purpose of callers.
- Provide information to callers
- Take and relay messages
- Answer questions about organization and provide callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Interact with clients, vendors and vistors
- Set up and coordinate meetings and conferences.
- Create and modify documents such as invoices, reports, memos, letters and financial statements using word processing, spreadsheet, database and/or other presentation software such as Microsoft Office, QuickBooks or other programs.
- Greet persons entering organization
- File and retrieve organizational documents, records and reports.
- Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, bookkeeping, copying, faxing, mailing and filing.
- Sign for and distribute UPS/FedEx or similarly delivered packages.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and mail.
- Direct persons to correct destination
- Ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out of organization
- Make travel arrangements for staff
- Collect and maintain inventory of office equipment and supplies
- Support staff in assigned project‐based work.
- Assist with overall maintenance of the organization and its offices
- Make sure front desk is covered at all times
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- knowledge and experience of relevant software applications - spreadsheets, word processing, and database management
- knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- knowledge of business principles
- proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar and other English language skills
- proven experience of producing correspondence and documents
- proven experience in information and communication management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
What Oldcastle offers you
- Able to work independently with attention to detail.
- Able to follow direction and work effectively in a team environment.
- Able to create, follow (and work effectively in) a team environment.
- Able to respond to stressful situations, co-workers, and customers in a professional, courteous manner.
- Ability to effectively prioritize assignments to meet long-term and short-term deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills,
- Able to write reports, document findings, and procedures, and to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Must pass a drug screen and a criminal background check.
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Health and wellness programs
- Opportunities for growth, development, and promotion
W-L Construction & Paving, Inc., a division of Oldcastle Materials, is one of the hundreds of businesses that comprise the Oldcastle family. As the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and paving services, Oldcastle is one of North America’s largest corporations. Oldcastle’s decentralized, diversified structure, allows employees to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise. Whether we’re safely paving miles of interstate, building two thousand-foot-long bridges or constructing roads through national parks, Oldcastle Materials’ continued investment in people, performance and communities has positioned us as an industry leader.
Oldcastle Materials is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Through the use of various tools, including our online applicant tracking system, which allows you to view and to track your application status 24 hours a day, W-L Construction & Paving, Inc. leverages itself to recruit the most dependable, qualified and experienced job seekers in the market!
W-L Construction & Paving, Inc. an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
W-L Construction and Paving is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
W-L Construction and Paving is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...