The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and secretarial support to the Vice President of Sales, the Vice President of Marketing and their teams. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, the Administrative Assistant performs duties such as financial record keeping, coordination of complex meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, and working on special projects. The Assistant deals with a diverse group of important external callers and customers as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the department
- Performs desktop publishing, creating visual presentations using PowerPoint
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing systems
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls. Uses professional judgment and discretion.
- Sorts and distributes mail. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information
- Covers Receptionist during breaks and lunch
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies and handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Supports department for finances, including: check requests, coordination with accounts payable for department invoices, documenting corporate credit card expenses to corporate finance.
- Regular attendance and timeliness is essential
The physical demands described within the Position Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
- High School Diploma
- At least six years of administrative experience
- Secretarial training is preferred
- Expert in MS Office Suite. Master at calendaring.
- Strong collaborator, willing to help where needed and always with a positive attitude
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Tenacious with details
Oxford Immunotec, Inc. - 10 months ago
Oxford Immunotec is a medical diagnostics company developing novel new tests for various diseases based on its innovative, patented T cell...