Responsible for providing administrative support for one or more manager/director. Responsible for facilitating the efficient and smooth operation of the department in accordance with approved regulatory, quality and department standards. Extensive software skills are required, as well as Internet research abilities and strong communication skills. Staff in this category also may have the title of department assistant, coordinator or associate.
1. Provides daily administrative support to Director(s) and/or manager(s). Duties may include: fielding telephone calls; receiving and directing visitors; word processing; filing; faxing; project support.
2. Facilitates workflow for accurate and successful completion of assignments/projects by computer applications that include word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentations.
3. Composes, produces, and facilitates timely distribution of various correspondences with a high degree of accuracy, efficiency and professionalism.
4. Manages appointment calendars, coordinates meetings, reviews mail, as directed monitors budget and responds as appropriate.
5. Coordinates various departmental events/activities, which may include dinners, retreats and meetings.
6. Participates in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of departmental office systems and services as appropriate.
7. As a member of the department support team, participates in team meetings, and shares responsibilities as appropriate and necessary.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Formal business or secretarial training preferred.
Minimum of two years of progressively responsible secretarial experience in a professional office.
Extensive software skills are required.
Notary Public licensure preferred.
Strong computer skills in Windows based PC applications (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Schedule+ Outlook)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong organizational and analytical skills
Proficient in Internet research
Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
Ability to work with basic office equipment
PeaceHealth - 16 months ago
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and...