The Administrative Assistant provides office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, policies and monitoring administrative projects.
- Maintains workflow by processing and monitoring data.
- Resolves administrative problems by coordinating the preparation of reports including statistical reports, maintaining databases and analyzing data.
- Provides information to customers by answering informational questions and requests.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains inventory of supplies through checking supplies to determine level of inventory and anticipated needs, placing and expediting orders, verifying receipt of supplies.
- Performs clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving and directing visitors, arranging calls and scheduling meetings. Files documents daily.
Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, flexibility and focus on detail are required. Knowledge of spreadsheets, and database management programs is required. Extensive software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook office applications) are required, as well as Internet research abilities. Must be proficient in keyboarding and have excellent spelling, punctuation, grammar and oral communication skills.
This position requires the ability to be confidential and tactful in dealings with many different people within department and across the organizational. Discretion, judgment, organizational ability, and initiative are especially important in dealing with customers both inside and outside of the organization.
The work schedule is primarily day shift (7a - 4p availability) Monday through Friday, but may require working into the evening or weekend on occasion (Service Awards banquet, flu drive, etc.)
College graduate is preferred.
Peninsula Regional Health Systems - 12 months ago