Assist with communication, correspondence, planning, scheduling, and programs offered by the School of Education at the PLNU Mission Valley Regional Center.
Provide administrative support services to the Director
- Work in collaboration and under supervisor of Regional Center Director to facilitate overall program operations of Mission Valley campus.
- Provide secretarial support services to the Director, to include reconciling expenses, processing mail, filing, making travel arrangements, and scheduling appointments.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, memorandums, etc. Independently respond to letters, emails and general correspondence of a routine nature. Responsible for final proofreading of documents.
- Assist Director, Dean and Data Analyst with course scheduling throughout the year. Meets timelines for entering schedules. Works with Records Office to adjust schedule as requested by the Director.
- Coordinate School of Education (Mission Valley) records for faculty evaluation and Scholarship to be submitted to the SOE Dean. Coordinate School of Education (Mission Valley) student evaluations in cooperation with the College Dean and Provost’s offices.
- Serve as backup receptionist during breaks and at other times as assigned by the office manager of director.
- Perform other duties and assignments as required.
Provide support for the graduate programs
- Facilitate and support the Director with open communication, among all Coordinators: Multiple Subject, Single Subject, Special Education, Counseling & Guidance, Educational Leadership, Liberal Studies and Teaching and Learning regarding class schedules.
- Prepare adjunct faculty applicant files to include application, letters of recommendation, and other related information. Schedules appointments for Director, Dean, and program leads.
- As requested by Director, assist program leads and faculty with research and special projects.
- Organize, prepare, and assist offered seminars trainings and meetings planned by programs.
- Provide general support for candidates, taking messages, making appointments, directing candidates to appropriate faculty or staff.
- Supervise receptionist at Mission Valley Regional Center; oversee task distribution as needed.
- Collaborate with all Program Coordinators as needed to assist in management of program assistants and student workers.
- Coordinate annual scholarship communications, materials and processing Mission Valley Regional Center.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with other, including employees, students, and the public in a spirit of teamwork, respect and customer service.
- Work with all support services offices and other departments at the Regional centers and main campus.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned by the Regional Center Director and Dean of the school of Education.
- Five years of increasing administrative experience, including proficiency with software such as Word, Windows, and Excel. Ability to type 50 wpm.
- Understanding of and commitment to the spiritual mission of Point Loma Nazarene University.
- Ability to compose correspondence using correct English, spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, format, and accurate proofreading.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to use independent judgment in prioritizing tasks while experiencing frequent interruptions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate and exercise important human relation skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with the Point Loma community and the general public.
Physical Demands (if applicable):
Sitting for periods greater than one hour. Use of computer equipment: computer keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Vision to read documents, e-mail and other correspondence, and reports on paper and computer monitor. Hearing and speaking to communicate effectively with others in person and by phone. Will also stand, stoop, push, pull, and lift up to 10 lbs throughout the day.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Point Loma Nazarene University - 2 years ago