Skills, Education, and/or Experience Required:
- Types financial statements, correspondence and related work for the department.
- Greets clients, answers telephone and effectively communicates messages. This responsibility includes assignment to the main receptionist desk on an as-needed basis.
- Maintains client records and ensures that they are kept up-to-date.
- Learns the clients/key personnel contacts and establishes appropriate working relationship, rapport, and confidence with the client.
- Provides photocopy, scanning and other document management services. This accountability includes the assembling of tax returns when the incumbent is assigned to the Tax department.
- Maintains current P&N forms and checklists.
- Ensures that meeting rooms are neat and ready for use by clients and visitors.
- Makes travel arrangements for Directors.
- Assists Directors with monthly billing and prepares bills on a timely basis.
- Enters Directors’ time on a daily basis.
- Coordinates work activities with other Administrative Assistants and staff consistent with priorities to ensure that the team/firm approach to assignments is maintained.
- High School Diploma required.
- 3-5 years of experience in an Administrative Assistant capacity.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to deal effectively with interpersonal relationships.
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism including the ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Must be computer literate with the capability of performing at an intermediate or advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite of products or similar software applications.
- Must be highly organized and capable of performing multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be available for weekend and overtime work at certain times during the year.
- Moderate levels of lifting, kneeling, bending, sitting and walking are required. Lifting requirements will not typically exceed 25 pounds. Hand/eye coordination skills are essential due to the fact that a significant amount of data input is required.
- Provides courteous and prompt service to all internal and external customers. Prioritizes and addresses requests and assignments in a professional manner to develop cooperative relationships and to ensure that customer confidentiality is assured.
- Identifies opportunities and recommends methods to improve service, work processes and financial performance, e.g. expense management. Assists in the implementation of quality improvement initiatives.
- Assists co-workers in the completion of tasks and assignments to ensure continuity of service. Orients new co-workers and actively supports teamwork throughout the firm.
- Performs other services as required.