Responsible for providing a high level of administrative support to various levels of management and others in the company as required.
The Administrative Assistant will be required to possess excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. In addition, an extensive knowledge of computer software applications, including all products in the Microsoft Office suite, spreadsheets and database management is required. Must be able to use sound judgment and discretion and must demonstrate professionalism and initiative to drive organizational processes. Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision while being adaptable and versatile in a constantly evolving and competitive area of business. Must be able to initiate and complete projects independently, accurately and often under deadline pressure.
Administrative Assistant must be reliable and proactive and maintain attention to detail, follow-through, organizational and prioritization skills. Must be a team player with the ability to interact with all levels of management and staff (internally and externally) and manage multiple deadline expectations effectively. Must have the ability to exercise considerable tact and discretion when dealing with sensitive issues and confidential information. Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality is essential.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (typing speed of 75 wpm), Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge and use of both audio and visual webinar and conferencing software a plus. Strong proficiency in Excel, using spreadsheets and databases is required, along with strong writing skills. This position requires that the individual be comfortable working on the internet/intranet including using search engines. Must have basic knowledge of all office equipment and ability to learn emerging technologies. Previous experience working in Sales environment a plus.
Education and Training Requirements
High school graduate required with an Associate’s degree or two years of college preferred. Experience may be substituted for formal education. Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working with executive level management required. Must have a great degree of experience in the areas listed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides a high level of administrative support to various levels of management in a variety of settings.
• For both domestic and international travel, obtains flight options, books flights, hotel, registrations, car rental, shuttle service, car service, and preparation of travel file to include all details of travel, locations, and times of meetings, directions and maps, as well as discussion materials. Ability to professionally negotiate discounted rates with hotels when appropriate.
• Maintains multiple calendars, schedules meetings and resolves calendar conflicts for those supported.
• Creates and maintains all electronic and hard-copy correspondence as requested by those supported. Organize electronic files for easy access and review. Mails and tracks letters and packages as needed. Handles messages and correspondence (with voice mail, e-mail, and regular postal mail).
• Handles incoming and outgoing telephone calls diplomatically, efficiently, and effectively with the highest degree of professionalism.
• Complete organization of all meetings, special events and luncheons, including reserving conference rooms; arranging for catering, special events, and working luncheons. Handles processing of invoices to Finance Department for payment. Completes and maintains meeting minutes as requested.
• Complete registrations to attend conferences, and presentations for those supported. Handling of all details relating to conferences or off-site meetings.
• Prepares all PowerPoint presentations and any other documents needed for conferences and meetings, using the most current PG templates and materials.
• Prepares appropriate intranet postings as requested.
• Handles all company-related expenses in a timely manner to ensure proper reimbursement of expenses.
• On-going continuing education on latest software and job-associated training to keep current on skills required for this position as approved by Manager. Must be in adherence to budget allocation for training. Use of on-line tutorials (Microsoft) or other cost-free resources is preferred.
• Write and edit documents as requested.
• Prepares spreadsheets and special reports as needed. Maintains computer files, directories, and databases.
• Scheduling of audio and/or visual conferences by using WebEx, Live Meeting, GoToMeeting, InterCall or other software. Knowledge of all aspects of hosting an audio and/or visual meeting, including facilitation of meeting as the host, recording of session, operator assistance, etc.
• Purchase office equipment and supplies, working closely with PG Buyer and appropriate vendors and suppliers. This includes new employee equipment and supplies.
• Provide administrative support to other administrative assistants and departments as necessary. Some cross-training may be required.
• Project management duties as assigned.
• Assist those supported with administrative duties relating to payroll, scheduling of evaluations, recruiting, check requests, contracts, associate changes, etc.
• Performs all other duties as required by company.
Press Ganey Associates, Inc. - 13 months ago