Provide a full range of administrative support functions to the department, professional and technical staff.
Essential Functions and Duties:
• Compose general correspondence including verbal authorization letters, closing letters, cover letters and transmittals using RJA Communication Standard Guidelines.
• Answering phones, filing, greet clients, and assist with mail and shipping.
• Assist with the planning and organizing of special events and meetings.
• Communicate with clients as directed by personnel to keep projects updated and any requests for additional information.
• Conduct internal and external research assignments and analysis for administrative reports and management support.
• Responsible for handling travel arrangements for office staff.
• Create files both paper and electronic for project filing.
• Order supplies.
• Assist corporate HR with employee processing.
• Assist with the maintenance of the office library.
• Maintain office equipment such as copier, fax machine.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Skills:
• Minimum of one year administrative experience.
• Knowledge of English usage, spelling, grammar, punctuation.
• Ability to work following instructions given.
• Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task, follow through, and meet deadlines
• Demonstrated working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Ability to read and understand simple instructions.
• Ability to operate office equipment such as a copier, fax machine, printers.
• Knowledge of basic mathematical principles.
• High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
• Ability to lift 15 lbs. with or without assistance.
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent; or
• Three plus years of related experience and/or training; or
• Equivalent combination of education and training.