Rodale is seeking an Administrative Assistant to work in our PA office. This position will provide professional administrative support and assistance to our Senior Vice President and General Manager of Digital and Brand Development. Administrative responsibilities will include scheduling appointments, meetings and related travel. This person will also be responsible for coordinating special events and projects, handling mail and incoming phone calls, and the preparation of various reports, letters and spreadsheets. This is a critical role with high visibility across the organization.
- Maintain calendars and schedule multiple appointments and meetings, working in conjunction with other executive/administrative assistants
- Arrange prioritize, sort and distribute mail, as well as prepare and maintain confidential information
- Coordinate and arrange travel as necessary for board meetings, committee meetings and other events
- Communicate in a professional manner with all levels of the organization as well as executives in member organizations
- Provide support through the preparation, distribution and filing of reports, letters, spreadsheets and presentations
- Conduct research and assist with special projects as needed
- Ability to prioritize and delegate when necessary
Rodale has made a positive difference in the lives of millions of people. Perhaps we'll make a difference in yours. Discover this career opportunity and more at www.rodaleinc.com
- Two years of experience as a general administrative assistant in a changing, fast-paced, professional environment
- Associate degree in business or related field or equivalent combination of education and related experience resulting in demonstrated ability to perform major duties
- High level of proficiency with general office PC or MAC applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and comfortable with learning new applications as required.
- Ability to work well under time constraints.
- Must be very flexible regarding workload and comfortable changing directions quickly. Willing and available to work the hours needed to provide appropriate support.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an excellent understanding of proper grammar and spelling
- High level of commitment and professionalism; use of sound judgment and discretion regarding personal and business affairs, maintaining a high level of confidentiality with communications and information
- Self-motivated, independent, well-organized and able to work independently with minimal supervision
Rodale is a global media company with a heritage, mission, and authority dedicated to the health and wellness of the individual, community, and planet. Through a broad portfolio of leading media properties, Rodale reaches more than 70 million people around the world through multiple distribution channels, including magazines, books, online, mobile, e-commerce, direct-to-consumer, and video. The company publishes some of the best-known health and wellness lifestyle magazines, including Men’s Health, Prevention, Women’s Health, Runner’s World, Bicycling, Running Times, and Organic Gardening, and is the largest independent book publisher in the United States, with a collection of bestselling titles, including Al Gore’s An Inconvenient Truth, The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite, Eat This, Not That! and Flat Belly Diet! Rodale is also a leader in direct-response marketing and has more than 25 million active customers in its database. To learn more about Rodale, visit www.rodaleinc.com. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.