Under the direction of the Director of Student Programs and Leadership, the Secretary is responsible for performing a variety of administrative and secretarial duties and ensures the efficacy of the department (including the office of Orientation) and assumes primary responsibility for the accuracy and timeliness of routine and non-routine projects and assignments.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to :
- Hire, train, oversee and coordinate financial aid paperwork and time sheets for all work study students. Assist with payroll paperwork for the Orientation Advisor staff.
- Conduct grade and disciplinary checks to certify eligibility of student leaders and Orientation Advisors.
- Coordinate and schedule Design Center tasks including but not limited to flyers, posters and banners and other related duties as assigned. Bill appropriate departments for Design Work Center.
- Collect the concierge deposit weekly and forward deposits to Bursar with appropriate general ledger accounts and maintain records for audit purposes.
- Oversee advanced ticket sales functions, coordinate box office staff schedule for Campus Entertainment Network events and department events, and compile and submit ticket sales reports per event.
- Maintain and update the Student Activities Funds files for all student club organizations expenditures.
- Coordinate and prepare purchase request orders and check requests for payment to business agents.
- Track the route of business contracts to appropriate University officials for review and approval signatures.
- Track the departmental budget and investigate any discrepancies with charges to budget line items; prepare the appropriate budget transfer forms with the necessary adjustments for approval. Assist staff with financial paperwork.
- Order and maintain department office supplies and Design Center supplies in a timely manner.
- Provide recommendations on system processes including but not limited to event entry, ticket sale tracking, reserving banners and table reservations process.
- Answer, respond and route telephone calls, faxes and e-mails to appropriate staff members. Schedule appointments as needed. Provide support for Orientation program in answering questions regarding Orientation program from parents, incoming students, and University staff.
- Maintain and organize the central files for the department, photocopying material as needed.
- Receive and process incoming mail.
- Internal/External Contacts: All University faculty, staff, students, parents and vendors.
Assist with maintaining student organization access for office doors. Oversee the office safe and maintain the office cash bank/drawer, office deposits, and club organization deposits according to established department procedures.
- Input student club/organization records and assign codes for all participating students into Datatel system on a semester basis (i.e. coding over 1,200 students).
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- An Associate's degree or at the University's discretion an equivalent combination of education and work related experience may be substituted.
- Demonstrable computing skills and efficiency utilizing complex computing applications on he systems and programs of University's choice; currently by way of example, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, and the Internet.
- A minimum of three (3) year to five (5) years of secretarial experience working in a higher education environment.
- Experience working in a high traffic environment and working with a student population.
At the University's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the University, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
- Datatel experience.
- Social Media knowledge and proficiency currently by way of example, Twitter, and Facebook.
This is a full-time clerical PSSA union position.
Roger Williams University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusive excellence and encourages applications from underrepresented populations.
Roger Williams University - 22 months ago