Administrative Assistant - Rehabilitation
Provide clerical and administrative support to the Rehabilitation department.
Essential Job Functions:
· Respond to telephones inquires, redirect calls and relay information.
· Assist department staff with word processing, spreadsheet implementation, and
database input. Billing experience preferred.
· Compose; format and/ or type minutes, letters and other correspondence.
· Edit and proof various materials.
· Coordinate various activities for departments.
· Prepare mail, distribute, and file purchase orders. Ensure all items are received.
· Maintain client database.
· Schedule projects, activities and meetings.
· Manage lists and schedules.
· Process travel arrangements for department employees and program participants.
· Maintain and update department files.
· Prepare mail outs, make copies, and distribute correspondence.
· Mail and fax correspondence.
· Research projects for manager.
· Distribute mail for department.
· Transport employees and/or clients as needed. Run miscellaneous errands.
· Give tours of facility, as needed.
· Maintain agency mailing lists.
· Procure estimates for needed office supplies, equipment, and services.
· Perform minor service on office equipment and initiates service calls when necessary.
· Assume additional responsibilities; perform additional duties, and complete special
projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge of composition, punctuation, grammar, and editing.
· Knowledge of basic math, including computing percentages.
· Effective verbal and written communication.
· Knowledge of computers and software, including word processing, spreadsheets, and
job specific software.
· Ability to use standard office equipment, including, fax machines, copy machines,
telephones, paper shredders, and typewriters.
· Must be able to lift up to 10-15 lbs
· Must be able to report to workstation without assistance.
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
· Must be able to conduct repetitive motions on a daily basis.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Type 60+ WPM with two or less errors.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Three to five years of administrative experience.
TRAVEL: Approximately -0- percent.
SALARY: $10-$12 Depending on experience.
This job description does not imply these are the only duties to e performed. The incumbent in this position will perform such other tasks as may be required for the effective operations of the Division/Department upon request by his/her supervisor.
SAN ANTONIO LIGHTHOUSE, A NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION, IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
San Antonio Lighthouse for the Blind - 19 months ago