The Administrative Assistant provides customary administrative support for all office procedures and assists with various tasks, routine and special events, by performing the following duties.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Provides administrative support to the Appliance Builder Distributor business.
• Greets scheduled visitors and conducts to appropriate area or person
• Maintains Showroom schedules.
• Reads and routes incoming mail. Locates and attaches appropriate files, orders, etc. to correspondence.
• Composes and types routine correspondence.
• Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records as required.
• Answers and screens telephone calls, and arranges conference calls.
• Coordinates manager's schedule and makes appointments.
• Arranges and coordinates travel schedules and reservations.
• Conducts research, and compiles and types statistical reports.
• Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings.
• Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
• Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
• Copies and distributes vendor information to all sales people.
• Maintains price books and update.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Ethics: Treats people with respect and keeps commitments. Inspires the trust of others. Works ethically and with integrity. Upholds organizational values.
• Diversity: Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy. Shows respect and sensitivity to cultural differences. Educates others on the value of diversity. Promotes a harassment-free environment. Builds a diverse workforce.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school desired.
• Six months to one year related experience in providing administrative support to various levels.
• Strong computer skills; MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
0 - 1 Years Experience
Preferred Minimum Education
High School / GED
Sears Holdings Corp. - 18 months ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...