The Administrative Assistant provides broad administrative support and assistance to the Vice President/Managing Director and Louisiana staff. Responsibilities include overall office activities, data entry, filing and phone management.
Primary Job Functions:
Supervisory Reports : None
- Assist the VP/Managing Director in day to day activities including the coordination and management of meetings and schedules, travel arrangements, filing and other general office duties.
- Assist Louisiana office staff with meeting management, record keeping, data entry, and reporting.
- Responsible for the efficient flow of the office including but not limited to office layout, record keeping and filing ystems, and forms control.
- Manage the reception area to ensure effective telephone communications both internally and externally.
- Produce clear, accurate and concise emails,memos, correspondence and reports.
- Assist in the formatting, preparation, and proof-reading of documents for proposal submissions, internal and externalreports, and other related documents.
- Assist with basic preparation/packaging of applications and proposals.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings,including booking rooms, teleconferences, catering and preparation of material and equipment.
- Responsible for the update and maintenance of various distribution lists internally and externally.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipate needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintain front desk and file room area, keeping it clean and free from clutter.
- Other duties as assigned
Interacts with: Louisiana, New York and Alabama staff; externally, business owners, not-for-profits
Education and Related Work Experience:
Knowledge, skills and abilities: Must be able to work on multiple projects and to prioritize effectively.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Prior work experience supporting middle to senior management preferred
Other Special Considerations: Must be able to travel, as needed
- The ability to work as a team member as well as independently is required.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess strong attention to detail and analytical orientation.
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
This job is performed under general office conditions, and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
idealist.org - 10 months ago